Chapter 5.

They wanted to see her, they wanted to be able to touch her, they wanted to hear her voice once more; they wanted their Grace.

BEFORE

Both of the boys were slouching on the big chairs.

Not a word was being spoken. They simply sat down near each other, in the small room. Suffocating from the white and the horrid hospital scent.

Harry lifted his body up and walked towards the door.

Zayn looked up at him with a questioning face and said "Where are you going?"

Harry quietly said "Don't worry about it."

"They're bringing Grace in, like not even in twenty minutes..."

"I know, I have an idea to see her smile. I'll be back, this room won't make her happy..." Harry shut the door quietly behind him leaving Zayn without the last word. Zayn huffed and remained in the room alone.

Harry walked through the long white corridors and found a informational desk. He asked the young man about the age of twenty-five where he could find a shop here in the hospital. The man told him some directions towards it from where he was and Harry nodded.

He jogged in the direction. He wanted to make it back when she was in the room and he planned to be on time. He wanted to supprise her, hopefully she'd be awake.

Harry found the shop and went straight for the flowers. He bought two Arizona Ice Teas for him and Zayn ,but bought his Gracie a dozen pink roses. It had been a good twenty minutes finding the right roses, he had a supprise in the roses. Something that Gracie knows about, how he's told her before.

-----------------

a/n- I know Harry had his first kiss earlier than this age ,but it's just part of the fanfiction. It works lol.

Harry and Grace had celebrated their friendship every year, on May 15th Harry would meet up with Grace at a park and go off and do whatever they please for their day.

They were both thirteen this year and it was their seventh year together.

Harry jogged to the park in a Ramones shirt and dark wash skinnies. He picked up each foot in the white converse, he knew he would be a minute or two late. He didn't want Grace to think he was ignoring her or anything. So, at this time he sprinted.

He reached the park and saw the girl who had long beautiful silky black hair and a side swept bang look at him with her perfect blue eyes. Harry's heart sped up even faster than before. He loved the way Grace looked at him.

"Harry!" Grace embraced him into a warm hug and gave him a huge smooch on the lips.

Harry's eyes widened and his face went completely red like a tomato and he stuttered "G-g-grace?"

"I wanted to do that for a while,"

Harry gave her a crooked smile and leaned in once more pressing his lips onto Grace's. She automatically responded and kissed him back.

He pulled her waist closer to his and he licked Grace's bottom lip she had let him and when he put his hand a certain way the bouquet of flowers touched her lightly clothed back. She felt it and looked back, she couldn't quite see what it was and Harry took his hand away from her back showing her the bouquet of pink roses.

She tackled him kissing him to the ground and just lied there on top of him straddling him giving him kisses all around his face.

This happened every year, he'd always give her flowers. She always expected it ,but this time it was different.

"Gracie," Harry said muffled aganist her lips.

"Hm?" She said.

"I'll love you til' the last rose dies baby."

"Same here Har" They smiled they're special smiles.

The pink roses symbolized their love for each other, it was quite obvious.

Grace keeps that fake pink rose in her room at her parent's house. She got one every single year on their aniversary since that day at the park.

-------------------

Harry had bought everything and he was walking back to the room. He was late ,but so excited. He sprinted back to the room.

He opened the door and he saw Zayn by Grace's side. She looked weak and pale, Harry's eyes welled up as he stared at his best friend.

Grace stared over at him and she was smiling weakly before at Zayn ,but this time her smile got wide. She must have been using all her might. Her dimples were showing.

Harry ran over to her and smiled his wide smile too. She lifted her hand pointing her finger into his dimple as he did the same to her. "Hazza," Grace croaked out.

"Gracie," Harry said.

Harry leaned down and kissed her on the cheek and lightly held her. Afraid of breaking her fragile body. It had been in enough pain.

Harry held out the bouquet and Grace's face lit up. She pulled Harry into a bigger hug.

"I love you Haz,"

"I love you too Gracie," They both continued to smile and embrace each other.

He wanted to keep her safe and warm, in his arms. He was so afraid that he'd lost her.