Chapter 7.

Grace was a laugher,she always made people feel good. 

THE AFTERMATH

"So, let me get this straight." Dr.Headington started, "Grace was totally okay at this point? Where was the downfall?"

Zayn and Harry stared intently at Dr.Headington. Neither of them wanted to speak up about what had happened. It was too painful.

Harry played with his fingers, he twiddled them in his lap as Zayn bit his lip. 

"Well..." Dr.Headington said.

Zayn stopped nibbling on his lip and said in a hush voice "Well, the downfall started with what we found out happened." 

Harry nodded as he started to shake his leg vigorously. He sniffled and Zayn continued. "Well, I'm sure we both told you what happened, it was when the doctor asked Grace what happened to her. What she remembers,"

A tear streaked down Zayn's cheek and he wiped it; trying to contain himself he looked back at the clock and they started the story. 

-----------------

There was a knock at the door the next day, around lunch time Harry had arrived to take his shift with Grace for this night. Zayn was all packed to head home ,but when he heard the knock and watched the doctor come in with a nurse he was curious about what this was about. 

"Good afternoon," Cindy, Grace's nurse chirped. She walked over to Grace's hospital machines that helped her with many things and she injected a new needle into her arm. 

"Good afternoon," the doctor started. "Grace...boys." He smiled warmly at us and we smiled back at him. 

"Hello ,Dr.Jones!" Grace said.

"Okay, let's get down to business shall we?"

"What business?" Grace asked him.

"Grace, we must know what has happened to you. How you got shot, detectives and the police are getting into this case. You are aware of that and we needed to ask you a few question immediately before you start to forget things. This was a tragic happening, and we need to make sure your safe." Dr.Jones said.

"Right..." Grace said hesistantly ,but smiled weakly.

"Okay, well let's start then. Would you mind if the boys hear about it?"

"Not at all, I rather them hear so." She looked at him with a straight face. 

"Good, well explain to me what you remember and we'll branch off from there."

"Well, I remember being alone. In my own home, earlier this morning, around nine AM. Simply doing a house task, you know, my dishes and well I remember...falling. I remember a pain, hearing a pang from a gun, it went through me and I slid down my counter side. I had been nausea, and I don't do well with blood. There was so much of it..." She stopped talking for a moment. Grace squeezed Zayn's hand. Harry had been watching Grace while she was in thought.

The Doctor stood next to Harry with his clipboard, at the end of the bed, across from Grace. Everything was silent, all five chests slowly breathing lightly, Everyone except, Cindy, Grace's nurse had been staring her down. Waiting for more of a response. Zayn kissed Grace's head and sat up next to her. They continued to hold each others hands, squeezing the others at a rhythmic pace.

"I," Grace started, "I looked up and saw, h-her." Grace's eyes were watering now and she stared up at the Doctor then at Harry. She bursted into tears when she looked at Harry and his eye's widened at the sight.