Chapter 8.

The Doctor continued to look around the room, "I looked at your folder once more Grace, and recently there has been put in that the gun shot has infected your liver and it actually found a way up to your heart."

Everyone looked around aimlessly.

"What does that mean?" Zayn asked. "What's the conclusion?"

The Doctor breathed in heavily and said "Grace, you're going to die..."

BEFORE

Zayn's eye's darted to look at Grace's face. The waterline in his eyes continued to develop. He started shaking, unable to stop this horrible feeling and he looked into the palms of his hands. He pinched the top of his left hand's skin to see if this was just a horrid dream. He winced at the pain on his hand, and watched blurrily as the blood flew back to where he pinched.

He didn't want to believe what the doctor had just said. Tears slid down his face as if it was just a stream of water going down a waterfall at it's peak. 

'Grace, you're going to die...' circled in Harry's mind. He was frozen. Completely as if he was made of stone. He stood in the same stance. Not crying, no. In shock, unable to function. He couldn't get it through his curls that his beloved Gracie was going to die. Going to leave him on earth alone, with all these people who couldn't compare to her. No, not one person out of all 7 Billion people could compare to Grace. She meant everything to him. 

Grace just took it all in, all five,simple, but effective words that the doctor had just told her. Of course, this was happening to her. Out of all the people this could happen to, it was her time. Grace didn't cry, she looked over at Harry. Not directly, not like he could see anyways; He was in his own world contemplating something. Grace started to twiddle her fingers and think about the five words, also about what Harry was thinking about.

That was all pushed aside when she noticed that Zayn had been bawling his eyes out. She's never seen him in this state of mind. She lifted her shaking left hand and wiped his tears away, her right hand retreated to his shaking hands and she held his hand in hers. 

She leant in and kissed his temple. "Don't cry, i'm okay."

Zayn shook his head no. How could he just believe that? She wasn't okay, she was dying. 'She is eighteen god damn it' Zayn thought to himself. He just started to cry harder. 

"I'll give you my life,

I'll give you my heart,

Nothing will ever come between us,

Tonight i'll show you the way,

Just promise me that you'll stay.

Promise me that you'll stay." Grace sweetly sang into Zayn's ear. 

He continued to cry and lightly hiccup as he dug his face into the crook of her neck. She started to coo him, for him to calm down. Her fingers ran through his hair, she knew that relaxed Zayn in hard times like this. 

The Doctor had a blank, but sympathetic face. He nodded said "I'm truly sorry," he walked out of the room with Cindy scurring behind him. Hospitals are horrible with being sympathetic.. 

Harry finally put himself together and walked over to Grace. He kissed her head and dragged himself out of the room. He didn't say a word, not one. He had a blank face on, Grace peered over him as he left and noticed she couldn't read him. She couldn't put the puzzle together, he didn't seem exactly sad,depressed,shocked, or angry. Just the opposite of himself, blank.