3. The Heaven's Demon and the Archangel of Hell

"How dare you do harm to my lady," Tanya said as she slowly took a fighting stance with two daggers in her hand that were hidden in the sleeves of her uniform. If looks could kill, Johnson would've been shredded apart already.

Due to the sudden pain, it took Johnson's brain a little while to register what's happening. With his right hand on the swollen cheek, he chided Tanya for the sudden attack.

"You! How could you punch a son of a duke?!"

"Even if you're the king, as long as you harm my lady then I won't waste any single moment to take you down," Tanya replied with a straight face without any hesitation.

Oh no! Tanya's gonna kill him!

Tanya was more than a maid to Princess, she was also a bodyguard. Though she is more unruly as a bodyguard, people would call her a mad dog. In her previous life, Tanya didn't hesitate to shred a young noble's clothing leaving him stark naked in front of many people.

What fault did the young noble do?

It was that he was audacious enough to show Princess the tattoo on his left chest. So Tanya concluded that since he had the courage to show his skin to Princess, then he wouldn't mind losing all his clothes.

Should I call on the other servants?

No, they can't win against Tanya.

Gamble on Johnson's survival luck?

Yes, maybe?

Princess knew that Tanya will never let go someone who hurt her unscathed.

As Princess tried to come up of many ways to appease the murderous aura in Tanya, a sweet and mellow laughter echoed not far from them.

"Here we are worried sick about our beloved Princess but two brats still have the leisure to fight." The woman who spoke slowly made her way with a man by her side.

The woman's face was highly similar to Princess. Her red gown enunciated her long straight golden hair while her bearing was warm and dignified making her green eyes exceedingly stunning.

Meanwhile, the man's purple eyes overflowed with gentleness as he looked at the woman beside him and then towards the children.

Mother... Father...

Princess' heart was gripped with pain and happiness at the sight of her parents. She didn't waste any minute as she ran off to their direction and pulled them into a tight embrace.

She cried...

Knowing how disappointing of a daughter she was in her previous life.

Her father, Dyle Bonneville, was a powerful dark element user. Even though he was a commoner at birth, his achievements in the research for magic earned him the king's bestowment of the Viscount title. In her previous life, her father was against her decision to join the High Church. She was indignant with her father's contradiction for she thought that her father was dragging his personal affairs into her own life.

While her mother, Amanda Bonneville, despite being a woman, she was once the head knight of the Royal Order that protected the whole kingdom. Her legacy in using the light element for battle is well-known throughout the kingdom of Crestford. After getting married, she resigned from her position and helped Dyle in managing the Bonneville manor. In Princess' previous life, she was against the relationship of Princess and the crown prince, Luke Godwin.

With her father opposing her affiliation with the High Church and her mother opposing her relationship with her beloved crown prince, a large rift was created between her and her parents.

She didn't contact her parents after her engagement with the crown prince until that disastrous day. While she was busy having the Queen-training in the royal palace, she was informed that the Bonneville was engulfed in flames.

Her parents were alive but were in a state of coma. Until the day of her death, her parents never awoke from their coma.

"Hush now my little Princess. Tell mommy what's making you cry," Amanda said as she softly patted her daughter's back.

"We have heard of what happened. Are you hurting anywhere?" Dyle was wiping her daughter's tears with a handkerchief as he inquired.

Princess was trying to find an excuse for her outburst when Tanya's voice sounded.

"The young lord pinched my lady's cheek."

Johnson's face paled the moment he heard Tanya's words. His mouth started to open and close as if trying to say something but when he saw Amanda's beautiful smile he immediately looked at Dyle with pleading eyes.

"Ahem."

Dyle awkwardly coughed at the pitiful state of Johnson. He turned to Princess and asked, "Does your cheek hurt?"

Princess shook her head. She immediately understood what her father was trying to do.

"No worries, Tanya already punched brother Johnson's face." Princess said as she pointed at Johnson's swollen right cheek.

Amanda let out a cold chuckle then she turned to Tanya and said, "Do the other side."

Except for Tanya, everyone was dumbfounded by Amanda.

Tanya's fist was already in the air preparing to land straight to Johnson's face when Dyle's voice stopped her.

"Wait!"

With a gentle yet defeated look, Dyle looked at his wife and tried to persuade her.

"Let the poor boy be, he probably had no intention to harm our beloved child. There has got to be a decent reason for him to do such thing."

Johnson breathed a sigh of relief knowing that Dyle had saved him.

"I understand my dear husband," Amanda relented or so what it seems then she winked at Tanya.

As Princess watched her mother's bone-chilling smile and her father's kind gesture, her lips slowly curved into a smile as she remembered their nicknames in the Crestford Kingdom.

Her father's benevolent heart earned him the nickname "the Archangel of Hell" while her mother's strict and merciless character earned her the nickname "the Heaven's Demon".

The angel appeased the demon.

Suddenly, a loud thud was heard followed by Johnson's sorry figure on the floor.

Ah, she punched him.

Again...