11. Her Friend

The knights couldn't even have enough time to defend themselves as they were slashed down one-by-one by knife-like blades. After a few seconds, all the knights were annihilated leaving only the captain. Four men appeared from the darkness, they were dressed in all-black and even their faces were covered except for their eyes. They then stared at the captain with murderous intent.

"Now it's my time to ask, do you like the surprise Captain Lice?" Princess sneered at the shocked captain.

The captain panicked. Flames appeared on the sword of the captain and he charged towards Princess. He thought that if he could have Princess in his hands then it could be his ticket way out of this predicament.

With a swift movement, Jarred intercepted his attack and the captain was forced to take a few steps back.

[Tornado]

The captain was swallowed into the small tornado created by Jarred; he screamed in pain as the wind made cuts all over his body. Out of desperation, he released a large amount of fire.

"Haha, he's an idiot," Jarred commented with a bright smile.

This time, it was the captain who dug his own grave. The flames he created didn't even manage to go out the tornado and just combined with it instead. The captain was now being tortured inside a fire tornado.

"Young lady of the Bonneville Family, we would like to capture him alive." One of the men in black said as he suddenly appeared and knelt down in front of Princess.

"You heard him Sir Jarred," Princess glanced at Jarred.

Jarred complied and released his spell. "Like his surname LICE, he's a pest that's easy to kill."

The captain's body was almost unrecognizable. Though he was charred, the red blood coming from his wounds were vivid to the eyes. The sight was a little repulsive but Princess didn't flinch at all. As someone who served as a healer for the High Church in her previous life, she had seen far worse.

"By the way little cutie Princess," Jarred turned to Princess and raised his eyebrow.

"Who are these men in black? They sure have a weird way of fighting, I could barely sense their magic." this time he looked at the men in black who were tying the gaudy man and the half-dead captain.

"They are the shadow guards of the Lord of Leaf Town. They practice an eastern fighting style so it's quite foreign to us."

Princess talked as she slowly walked towards the caravan.

"Tanya, take the keys of the slaves from the scum."

Tanya didn't waste any second and strangled the gaudy man so he would hand over the keys. Tanya then followed behind Princess.

Princess lifted the curtain that covers the inner part of the caravan and saw the slaves that they intend to rescue.

The slaves were in a saddening condition, injuries were visible, their mouths were covered by something metal-like to prevent them from talking and on their neck were the symbol of their slavery; a chain enchanted with magic that prevents them from using their magic. They were trembling in fear and muffled sounds of crying could be heard. What upset Princess the most was that all of the slaves were young, probably around the age range of 11 to 15.

In order to give them a sense of security, Princess flashed a gentle smile and spoke in a soft voice.

"Fear not for we have come to save all of you."

The slaves were stunned for a second then their eyes glimmered with hope and joy. When they heard Princess spoke again, their glee skyrocketed.

"Tanya, unlock their chains so that I may heal them."

Using her light magic, Princess' skill [Heal] can treat physical wounds, though in her previous life, she can even restore the mana.

Looks like I need to train more.

Once Tanya unchained the slaves, Princess worked on healing the women first then the men. The last man to be healed was actually unconscious, lying face flat inside the caravan. She had to climb inside the caravan just to cast the healing spell. However...

It's him!

Princess' eyes widened in surprise as soon as the Tanya turned the slave's body.

Slave trade... Leaf town...

No wonder these words were familiar to me.

From surprise, the eyes of Princess were now burning in rage and her teeth gnashed in hatred.

Oh how wonderful could it be if she could slap him right now. Her lips slowly formed a frosty smile that even Tanya, who was watching her expression, shuddered at such.

Tanya couldn't believe that her gentle and innocent master could have such frightening face that even Princess' aura was seething with malice.

What a surprising find!

It's good to see you for the first time in this lifetime.

My friend, Abraham Craymore.