12. Live for me

After saving the slaves, the Lord of the Leaf town sent another group of knights that escorted the Bonneville's carriage and the caravan to the mansion of the lord.

Reeve Faust, he is the current lord of Leaf town, a slender man in his late 20's with cunning green eyes and silver hair.

With open arms and serious yet warm atmosphere, he approached Princess at the entrance of his mansion. "Welcome young lady of the Bonneville Family, Princess Bonneville. This humble man hopes that I have aided you well enough on your problem."

"I am grateful for the help Lord Faust," Princess replied with a bow.

Reeve's eyes suddenly narrowed and his tone was now inquisitive, "I'm a little surprised that you know about my shadow guards. Was Amanda the one who told you?"

No, in order to protect me of the danger that the High Church posed towards me in my past life, your shadow guards were one of the people who sacrificed themselves to protect me.

A bitter smile appeared on her face but disappeared in a matter of second. She still smiled but her face was like a mask, she didn't confirm nor deny.

However, Faust took her smile as a confirmation to his hypothesis. Why not?

Amanda was his comrade during his younger years and he was an intelligence agent who aided Amanda in numerous battles.

"No need to be distant, your mother is like a sister to me so feel free to call me Uncle Reeve."

"It shall be my pleasure, Uncle Reeve."

After exchanging greetings and words of gratitude, Princess helped Faust in managing the rescued slaves. Once the workload dwindled down, Princess, accompanied by Tanya, went inside a room where one of the rescued slaves was sleeping.

Brown hair long hair that could rival any woman's hair and amber eyes that shows his earnest personality yet his aura was quite strict towards other people. This was the Abraham Craymore that Princess had known in her previous life.

But the Abraham Craymore lying unconscious on the bed looked pitiable; his silky brown hair was cut short, his body malnourished and weak, too far from the strong knight image that she once knew.

No wonder Princess felt something familiar about the slave trade that would happen in Leaf town. She heard in her past life that Abraham's profound loyalty to the crown prince was because he was saved by the prince from the slave traders.

From what she heard from the other slaves, Abraham was sold to the slave trader by a nobleman. He was already half-dead when he was brought in but despite the heavy injuries, his handsome face was still visible so the slave trader accepted him.

Princess sneered at the thought that she ended up rescuing the man who murdered her, the one who disregarded their friendship.

However, an unexpected idea popped up in her mind along with the image of the man she loathed the most...

If I want him to be within my reach, I need to destroy one of his wings.

Princess' lips slowly curled upward and her eyes glimmered with shrewdness and mirth.

Ah, my lady looks like her mother. Scary. Where did my gentle and innocent master go? Tanya sighed inwardly.

Abraham's body unconsciously felt a chill running through his spine that awoke him from his slumber. When he opened his eyes and saw Princess, he cried.

Princess and Tanya were a little stunned.

In between his sobs, he muttered, "At... At very least... I'm in heaven..."

Her lips twitched at the sight of Abraham.

"I may have to betray your expectation; you are still alive and now well." Princess said in a friendly tone.

Abraham's eyes widened and his tears stopped, "So you're not an angel?"

Princess felt like she's gonna choke on her own saliva.

Ah yes...

How could I forgot.

Abraham was little airhead despite his serious appearance, though right now it's not "little" but a TOTAL airhead.

"I am very confident to say that I am a human." Princess replied with a defeated smile.

Abraham clenched his fists and his face was painted with disappointment.

"I am Princess Bonneville, may I know your name?" Princess took one step closer to the bed.

In a low voice he replied, "Abraham... My name is Abraham..."

Hmm? He's not stating his last name?

"Looks like you're a little unhappy to know you're alive Abraham," Princess' voice now sounded indifferent but light-hearted.

Abraham frowned, "I have no reason to live." He closed his eyes and bit his lips.

However, his eyes flashed open the moment he felt a gentle touch on his cheek.

The angel's smile...was what he thought when he saw her.

She caressed his cheek and showed him a tender smile.

His heart that was once hurt with despair was beating fast for some unknown reason and felt his world stop when he heard her say...

"Then live for me."