13. Wifey and Hubby

Princess stared at her own reflection in the mirror in disbelief; she was now alone inside the room that Faust has allotted for her. After a couple of seconds, her face was flushed and she was as red as a tomato.

Argh! I can't believe I was able to pull off something like that!

"Live for me"? It sounds so cliché!

Well, at least he agreed. *phew*

The idea of poaching the crown prince's future close aide was a great plan on her opinion since she knew that Abraham was one of the reasons why Luke had a lot of powerful backing especially from the knights. She just didn't have a concrete idea on how to do the poaching.

Thus she had no choice but to resort to her charisma and shamelessness.

There's nothing wrong with it right?

I'm just using the beauty the heavens gave me and taking advantage of the fact that I saved him.

Yes, totally fine...

*knock* *knock*

"Yes?" Princess calmed herself as she started walking towards the door.

"My lady, dinner is prepared. The Lord's wife and son has arrived from shopping thus, my lady shall be having dinner with the whole family of Faust." Tanya reported from the other side of the door.

Princess took another glance in the mirror to see whether she was presentable. She then opened the door to see Tanya bowing her head and waiting for her.

"Let us go, Tanya." Princess said as she started walking towards the dining room while Tanya followed closely behind.

The moment Princess arrived in the dining room, her attention was seized by a beautiful woman with navy blue hair and gold eyes. The woman's attention was also on Princess as she flashed a smile.

Princess' body was starting to move to curtsy and give greetings when she felt something pounce on her. When she looked down, she saw a young boy around the age of 6 to 7 with silver hair and gold eyes. The young boy was hugging her waist and his gold eyes twinkle with excitement.

So adorable!

With a big smile and jolly voice the young boy asked, "Are you my wifey?"

The smile on Princess, even her body, froze at the unexpected question. She wanted to say no but...

He's too adorable! I don't want to disappoint him by saying no.

Faust's loud laughter echoed in the dining room then he said, "As expected of my son! He has good taste!"

As expected, it is Uncle Reeve's son. Maybe I should play along?

It's just a child anyway.

Princess gently ruffled the young boy's and asked with a smile, "Wifey's name is Princess Bonneville, daughter of Viscount Dyle Bonneville. May I know hubby's name?"

"Hehe~ my name is Elijah Faust, son of Marquis Reeve Faust," the young boy replied as he tightened his hug.

"We are honoured to have you in our abode, I am the wife of Marquis Reeve Faust, Floria Faust." The beautiful woman introduced herself as she peeled Elijah away from Princess.

"Please do forgive my son's rude behaviour," She added as she bowed.

"It's my pleasure to be in your presence. No need to apologize Madame Faust, it's normal for a child to be imaginative." After Princess curtsied, she chuckled at the sight of Elijah getting dragged to his seat.

"No need to be strict, feel free to call me Aunt Floria." She said as she sat back to her seat.

"Yes, Aunt Floria."

The dinner went smoothly and Princess got closer to the Faust family. After the dinner she went back to her room and changed to her nightgown. She contemplated on her situation and wondered what to do with Abraham. She was deep in thoughts when a knock disrupted her and she was surprised to hear the person beyond the door.

"It's me, may I have some time to talk with you?" It was Abraham.

Speak of the devil.

Princess plastered a smile on her face and opened the door.

"Sure, I was planning to talk with you so it's pretty convenient for you to have come."

Abraham's face flushed when he saw Princess in a nightgown, he was planning to wait for her to get changed but he was already dragged inside the room.

In order to avoid inappropriate gossips, Tanya also went inside Princess' room to supervise their conversation.

With arms across her chest, Princess pondered on what to say.

*Thud*

Abraham was now kneeling on one, his head lowered and one of his hand on his chest. The aura around him was solemn.

With his voice full of sincerity and eagerness he proclaimed, "I, Abraham, shall dedicate my life to serve the young lady of the Bonneville Family, Princess Bonneville. I pledge to stay by your side through thick or thin." His gaze slowly climbed up and his amber eyes locked unto the purple eyes of Princess.

Princess was overwhelmed with Abraham's pledge. The fact that she was using him made her a little guilty but that feeling was overlapped with relief that she managed to steal a reliable ally.

The smile on her face was now replaced with a solemn expression. She took a deep breath and prepared to reciprocate Abraham's pledge when the room's door suddenly flew open and a small figure came dashing in between Abraham and Princess.

"NO NEED! HUBBY WILL PROTECT WIFEY!"

Ah... Elijah, what have you done...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

This is what I imagine Elijah would look like (except that his eyes would be god though)

This is what I imagine Elijah would look like (except that his eyes would be god though). Cute ain't he? \(>w< )