Chapter 16

Leslie's POV

      I woke the next morning in my father's arms. When I open my eyes, they are met with his. They are so kind, so loving, with a soothing comfort like no other. I don't want to leave here. It feels safe here. I later came to wish I had never left that room. If I hadn't... maybe... just maybe...

      It's Saturday, so I don't have much to do. Dad and I spend part of the morning just watching a movie. I love days like this, just me and him. Sadly, I do remember that I promised Vincent and J.T. that I would help them move some things. I tell dad that I'd have to leave soon to help a friend. He looks kind of sad at this, and I know that my face has a sad expression. As I walk out the door, and say goodbye, I have a bad feeling. I can't explain it. Before the door shuts I hear dad say my name.

      "Leslie," he says as I walk back through the door. "I love you."

      "I love you too, dad," I say as he walks to me and hugs me. After this, I walk out the door. I still have an ominous feeling, but I still don't know why.

      I spend about two hours with Vincent... or my dad or whatever I'm suppose to call him now, and JT. We've gathered stuff that they need, because they lost what they had in the explosion. They only saved a few things from it. In hindsight, we may have wanted to think of what we needed a little more before we did that.

      We're walking to grab some more boxes when my phone rings. Catherine is calling me.

     Why is Cat calling me?

      I see Vince looking over my shoulder and smiling. I answer the phone and put her on speaker.

      "Hey Cat," I answer.

      "Leslie," She says in a tone that lets me know that this isn't a social call. Vincent seems to have picked up on that too.

      "Catherine, are you ok?" He asks.

      "Vincent?" She questions. "Oh wait, you are moving things today. That explains that. Anyway, Leslie, we have a small problem, but I'm dealing with it, so don't come running up here."

      "Um ok," I say confused. "What's going on?"

      "Your dad is currently being held in a jail cell due to a bar fight. Now, I'm going to go get him. When I get him I'll let you know. Until then, stay with Vincent."

      "What woah, Cat! In jail?!"

      "Yes. And no I don't know what happened. I'll find out. But for now, you stay with Vincent."

      "Ok..."

      Catherine hangs up. I look up at Vincent. I know there is worry in my eyes.

      He was fine this morning. Nothing seemed wrong... and now this...

      "It's gonna be ok," he tells me.

      "I know, but why..." I respond.

      "I don't know," he says. "He has to fight his own demons."

Evan's POV

      I know this is a fine mess I've gotten myself into. I just snapped. I couldn't handle it anymore. Between Cat and this creature and worrying about my daughter, I lost it. At least Cat will be out of the line of fire. I alerted Agent Kyle to the whereabouts of the creature a short time ago. They are sending agents there now.

      Cat walks in the door and she seems confused. She walks into my cell and looks at me. She's smirking slightly.

      "You punched a guy at a bar?" She almost laughs.