Chapter 3

Three super long chapters in one day? Who am I?

SCIENCE CLASS

"So, it seemed like you knew Alexander Hamilton?" Thomas said to me.

"Not Really. He was just showing me around," I told him.

"Well, Alex doesn't usually interact with new students," he laughed. I glanced at the chalkboard.

"Uh, why not?" I say looking back at him.

"Well, it's pretty much basketball 24/7 with him," Thomas informed me.

"That should be 16 over pi..." I whispered to myself.

"Yes, Mr. Laurens?" The teacher asked me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just... Uh... Shouldn't the second equation read 16 over pi?" I asked her. Thomas rolled his eyes at me.

"16 over pi? That's quite impossible," She said. She checked the equation on her calculator.

"I stand corrected," she said flabbergasted. She proceeded to correct the equation on the board.

"Oh... and welcome aboard," she smiled at me. I kindly smiled back. I looked over at Thomas, he looked offended for some reason.

TIME SKIP

Alex stopped at the musical sign-up sheet and eyed it for a few seconds before moving on, unaware that James, Thomas' best friend, was observing him. As Alex moved along, Thomas came along, and James pulled him aside.

"Alexander Hamilton was looking at our audition list," James told Thomas.

"Again? You know, he was hanging around with that new guy and they were both looking at the list. There's something freaky about him. Where did he say he was from, again" Thomas asked James.

James stared blankly at the list. Thomas scoffed and strutted off to the computer lab, as James followed behind him. Thomas sat down at a computer and searched up 'John Laurens' on Google.

"Wow! An Einsteinette. So why do you think he's interested in our musical?" James asked, while reading an article about John.

"I'm not sure that he is. And we needn't concern ourselves with amateurs. But... there is no harm in making certain that John's welcome to school activities that are... well, appropriate for him. After all... he loves pi," Thomas smirked evilly, printing out the article and walking off with it.

TIME SKIP- AUDITORIUM DETENTION- MR. GEORGE STYLE

"Gold! More gold!" Mr. George screamed at the teenagers painting the sets of the musical. He walked by Alex and Laff to inspect their work.

"Paint, paint! Let's go!" He screamed some more. As George walked off, Peggy Schuyler hurried over to John, holding the printed article about him in her hands. 

"The answer is yes!" Peggy giggled excitedly to John.

"Huh?" John asked her.

"Our scholastic decathlon team has it's first competition next week, and there is certainly a spot for you," she grinned like a maniac. John noticed the printouts in her hand.

"Where did those come from?" He asked.

"Didn't you put them in my locker?" She asked him confused.

"Of course not," John replied slowly.

"Oh, well, we'd love to have you on our team. We meet almost everyday after school. Please?" She almost begged.