Chapter 15

AUDITORIUM

Eliza was working on some music as Mr. George, Thomas, and James entered. Eliza quickly hid herself, so she could listen in on their conversation.

"I don't want to hear about Alexander Hamilton and that Laurens guy. So, if you're telling me as co-presidents of the drama club that changing the callbacks would be what's best for our theater program, then I might actually agree with you," Mr. George said, looking around before walking off.

"Is that a yes?" James asked Thomas, who just winked in confirmation.

"Bop bop bop, up to the top
And wipe away your inhibitions
Stomp, stomp, stomp
Do the romp and strut your stuff
Bop bop bop, straight to the top..." Thomas sang as he walked off. Eliza sighed in defeat from behind the piano.

NEXT DAY - BULLETIN BOARD

Eliza was staring at the sign on the callback sheet that read 'CALLBACK AUDITIONS RESCHEDULED TO FRIDAY BEGINNING AT 3:30 PM' just as Alex, John, Laff, Peggy, and the rest of the Wildcats arrived.

"No problem at all. It was crazy. man," Laff said to one of his teammates. Alex noticed the look on Eliza's face and looked at the callback sheet.

"Callbacks the same time as the game?" Alex asked.

"And the scholastic decathlon," John added.

"Why would they do that?" Peggy asked the group. 

"I smell a rat named George," Laff said.

"I actually think it's two rats, neither of them named George," Eliza spoke out.

"Do you know something about this small person?" Lafayette asked her.

"Mr. George might think that he's protecting the show, but James and Thomas are pretty much only concerned with protecting themselves," Eliza told the group.

"Do you know what I'm gonna do to those two over-moosed show dogs?" Laff said angrily.

"Nothing. We're not gonna do anything to them. Except to sing, maybe. All right, now this is only gonna happen if we all work together. Now who's in?" Alex told them, holding out his hand. John put his hand on Alex's, then Eliza's.

"You know I'm in," Burr winked.

Even shorter chapter for y'all cause I'm overtired. It's midnight and I've written 12 chapters today. So don't nag me about updating for a while. Please and thank you. We all know I'll end up updating again tomorrow tho lol