Chapter 20

Coach Washington, who arrived towards the end of the song, smiled at the couple on the stage. Eliza took her bow, and Alex kissed John on the cheek.

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

"And West High pushin' the ball. Fast break. Looking for an open man. Oh, but it's stolen by number 14 heading back the other way! (#14=Alex) East High has the ball! Time is running down on the clock! Looking for an open man. Fake. Swing to the outside. Ball on the perimeter. Look for a man on the inside. Nice screen. Shot's up! And it's good! A 12-foot jump shot as time expires for the victory! East High has won the championship! Your East High Wildcats are champions! Congratulations, East High!" The announcer shouted.

"Alex! Alex! Alex!" The crowd chanted loudly.

"Congratulations," The league man said, giving Coach Washington the championship trophy.

"Thanks," Washington replied, nodding. Washington brought the trophy over to the Wildcats, and handed it to Alex. The rest of the team lifted Alex onto their shoulders.

"What team?" Laff Shouted.

"Wildcats!"

"What team?"

"Wildcats!"

"What team?"

"Wildcats!"

"Wildcats!"

"Get your head in the game!" They all shouted together.

"I'm proud of you, son!" Washington said, hugging Alex.

"Aw, thanks, Dad!" Alex smiled, hugging him back.

"Bravo!" George said, coming up from behind.

"Brava!" Washington laughed.

John ran up to Alex and hugged him from behind, laughing.

"Congratulations, Wildcat!" John smiled happily.

"What about your team?" Alex asked him excitedly.

"We won too!" John told him, jumping up and down. Alex moved in to kiss John, but Lafayette ruined it.

"Yo! Team voted you the game ball, Captain!" Laff shouted.

"Yeah, thank you. Thanks a lot," Alex responded, slightly miffed about losing his chance to kiss John. Alex walked off. Peggy ran towards Laff, and he took her into his arms.

"So... you're going with me to the after-party, right?" He asked her.

"Like on a date?" Peggy questioned him, happily surprised.

"Must be your lucky day," Laff smirked at her. Peggy skipped over to John happily.

"Laff just asked me out," She squealed, and they shared a happily laugh together, before Peggy ran over to Laff again.

"Well, congratulations. I guess I'm going to be the understudy in case you can't make one of the shows, so... break a leg," Thomas told John, who didn't understand, "In theater that means good luck," He continued and they laughed together. As Thomas moved away, he was confronted by none other than Hercules.

"Hey, Thomas. I'm sorry you didn't get the lead, but I think that you're really good. I admire you so much," He told him.

"And why wouldn't you? Now, bye-bye," Thomas sassily remarked.

"Oh, wait. I baked you some cookies," Herc told the other boy.

"Ew," Thomas said, flipping his hair, and strutting off somewhere else.

"Nice game," James took the cookies while smiling, before following Thomas.

"Thanks," Herc replied, slightly confused as to what just happened.

"Composer, here's your game ball. You deserve it, play maker," Alex said, tossing Eliza the ball.

"Yeah!" Another boy shouted, smiling at her.

Eliza didn't know quite what to do with the ball, so she just stood there staring at it. Burr came up behind her and removed her hat, letting her hair down. Her guided her hands and together they shot the ball, laughing.

"Together...together... Together everyone Together...together... C'mon lets have some fun Together...we're there for Each other every time Together...together... C'mon let's do this right" Everyone chanted.

"Here and now
It's time for celebration
I finally figured it out
That all our dreams
Have no limitations
That's what it's all about," Alex sang out.

"Everyone is special
In their own way
We make eachother strong
We're not the same
We're different in a good way
Together's where we belong," John finished.

"We're all in this together
Once we know...that we are
We're all stars...and we see that
We're all in this together
And it shows...when we stand
Hand in hand...make our dreams come true," Everyone sang together.

"We're all here And speakin' out with one voice
We're gonna rock the house
The party's on
Now everybody make some noise C'mon...scream and shout," James sang.

"We've arrived
Because we stuck together
Champions one and all," Thomas continued.

"Wild cats...sing along
Yeah, you really got it goin' on
Wild cats...in the house
Everybody say it now
Wild cats everywhere
Wave your hands up in the air
That's the way we do it
Let's get to it
Time to show the world

We're all in this together
When we reach...we can fly
Know inside...we can make it
We're all in this together
Once we see There's a chance...that we have And we take it

Wild cats everywhere
Wave your hands up in the air
That's the way we do it
Let's get to it
C'mon everyone"

The End