Chapter 8: Enter ZX

Izuku merged with Model X, running towards Area D. Giro appears, merged with the Biometal Model Z, and dashed in front of Izuku.

"Hold on, Izuku!" Giro shouted.

"Boss, I..." Izuku was cut off. "I'm not going to try and stop you. But I'm not going to let you play the hero alone. Come on, let's go!" Giro ordered. 

"Right!" 

Giro dashes ahead. Izuku follows, fighting through many Mavericks until he comes across a wounded Maquereau.

"Another transporter!? You came too? The other one rescued me and continued on alone. You have to save him!" Maquereau pleads.

Izuku rushes ahead and soon finds Giro, still Megamerged, lying on the ground with two unknown individuals standing over him.  

"Boss?!"

"Ah, you've come. Model X, the blue Mega Man. It's time to see the legend in action." The tallest individual raises a hand over Giro, who starts to glow.

"Ugh... Stay... away... It's a trap... Aaaarghh!!" Giro warns in pain.

The two strangers teleport away. Giro gets to his feet, shaking and his eyes glowing red.

"Boss! What happened?!" Izuku asked, seeing that something was wrong.

"Izuku! Sh-shoot me..." Giro said, his voice sounded as if he was trying to fight something.

 "Stop it! Come on Boss, stay with me!" Izuku pleaded.

"Grr... aaagh!" A thunderbolt suddenly strikes Giro, who crumples to the ground.

"Boss!!!!" Izuku runs over to Giro and sees the two strangers and another watching from a short distance away.  

"Model X, the blue Mega Man... Model Z, the red Mega Man... Such disappointments. The Biometal the Guardians found might as well have been tin can scrapings." 

"Who are you?!" Izuku demanded.

"The name is Serpent. I rule all that lies before me. I am the Model W Mega Man!"

"Serpent?! You're the president of Slither Inc.!"

"I see mt reputation precedes me. You'd do well to remember me, blue Mega Man!"

Izuku points his buster at the unknown, but his arm was shaking. "You're the one behind the Mavericks and what happened to Boss!"

"You're shaking... Is it anger... Or fear?" The female individual asked.

"Hmph, at least the red one was more of a man than this." The male individual mocked.

"I'll show you what kind of man I am!" Izuku starts to charge his Buster.

"Prometheus."

"Ah, poor blue Mega Man. What you mistake for courage is nothing more than mere recklessness." He continues to mock.

"Quiet!" Izuku fires, but Prometheus reflects the shot with his beam scythe and it hits him instead. "No!"

"Chosen ones like us, who can control the Biometal's M.E.G.A. system and transform. We are called Mega Men. The chosen few are the shepherds for guiding the flock in a new world. But you've proven with your pathetic abilities that not all Mega Men are fit to rule." Serpent raises a hand and strikes Izuku with another lightning bolt, which forces him to demerge with Model X. Izuku collapses to the floor near Giro.

"Aaagh!"

"Pandora, pull the password data out of them." He ordered. 

"Understood..." Pandora raises her staff and two pieces of her helmet float over and begin retrieving the data from Izuku and Giro.

"That was far too easy. What should we do with them?" Prometheus asked.

"Leave them to the Mavericks and carry on as you were. A battle between the evil Mavericks and the good Slither Inc. security force. Classic. The people of this town will go on with their lives as usual. We need the facade of peace to continue on just a little bit longer. Eventually they will all become a glorious sacrifice for Model W." 

"W-what!?"

Pandora's helmet pieces float back with the data. "Password data retrieval complete..."

"Gyahaha! Now we have all of the passwords. Let's go. It's time to proceed with Project Haven." Serpent and Pandora teleport out.

"It seems the heroic legends of Model X and Z are nothing more than that, legends." Prometheus teleports away.

Izuku laid there on the ground, hopeless. He couldn't even move. "Argh... My body... won't move..." He groans.

"Never... give up... You still have something... you must protect." Giro coughs. 

"Boss! You're awake!" Izuku was relieved, but he froze upon the massive amount of blood coming out of him.

"Model Z, listen... Don't worry... about me..." Giro said to the Biometal.

"Do you know what you're asking? Your body is already beyond recovery. If you transform back, you will not survive the wounds..." 

"Please... lend your strength... to Izuku..." Giro said.

"...Alright, I will..." Model Z replied.

Giro took one last look at Izuku and said. "Izuku... be strong..." Giro demerges with Model Z, who floats over to Izuku. Giro shimmers, then turns into a red particle and flies slowly away.

"Boss! Boss!!! Not again... First my mom... Now Boss... I can't protect anyone..." He cried out. He truly was useless. Couldn't protect anyone not even his best friend. 

"Izuku. This is your last chance. If you combine the power from the two Biometal fragments, you might be able to transform again. I can't be certain whether or not you'll be able to bear the strain when the two fragments are combined." Model X said. 

A group of Galleons appeared and surrounded Izuku, pointing their guns at him.

"It's your decision. You alone must make it. Do you have the will to fight? Do you have what it takes to continue where that brave man left off?" Model Z asked.

Izuku reaches out for the two Biometals. "Model X... Model Z... Power... I need your power. I need to protect the people, all of them! Give me the strength I need to fight for those I care about!"

"Izuku, our strength..." 

"...Is yours! And Giro's spirit is also with you!" 

"Let's do this!" Izuku runs to the right, only to see an airship flying away. "That's a Slither Inc. airship!" He exclaimed andstarts to chase the ship, but it flies away. "No... This isn't good!"

"Izuku... The battle between the Mavericks and the security force has begun. You can't stay there. It's too dangerous. Return to HQ immediately." Prairie said through his communicator. 

Izuku did not replied back. He turns off his communicator.