Chapter 10: Dual with the Hero Killer

Izuku returns to the cafe only to find a note in his room. He picked it up as it said.

Meet me in the Valley of the Temples, Oahu. 

-H.K.

Izuku didn't know who sent the note nor did the staff. Izuku packed his things and checked out of the cafe. He rode the train to Oahu then went the rest of the way to the Byodo-In Temple.

 He rode the train to Oahu then went the rest of the way to the Byodo-In Temple

He entered the temple grounds, seeing no one in sight. Upon standing in front of the statue of Buddha, kneeling down to pay his respects.

He got up, feeling a presence behind him. He turns to the entrance and saw an intimidating, muscular man.

Izuku immediately recognized the man as the one who killed heroes in the past and hurt 23 beyond recovery-The elusive hero killer. Villain name: Stain.

"I'll be waiting in the courtyard." he said, leaving the teen alone.

Izuku arrived at the courtyard and stood across from Stain, who waited patiently.

"Peaceful isn't it?" The hero killer asked. "Far from civilization. Surrounded by nature. One finds themselves in peace even in rage." 

"Why did you call me here?" Izuku asked.

"Why is it that one lie? Why is it that one is consume by anger, hatred and sorrow?" He turns his attention to the curly-haired teen. "Why is it that you hated heroes?"

Izuku stood silent, his anger grew and he replied with a anger tone. "I was young... inspired by heroes who risked their lives to save others. I dreamed of one day becoming one like All Might. A symbol that would protect the weak and inspired hope in the darkest time." He clenched his fist. "But then I realized the world was cruel. They never cared about justice only their greed. Those who were Quirkless were left in the dust. Abused, broken, and abandoned by the people they looked up to... I hated heroes because they didn't do anything to save my mother when the Mavericks attacked. I lost my mom to a Maverick raid... If the security force and heroes had reached us in time, she would still be alive today. They had the power to prevent that horrible attack. But they did nothing... I refuse to be like them!" 

Silence broke with only the sound of the trees blowing in the wind. Stain then spoke, breaking the silence.

"Then we're the same. You and I." 

Izuku looked at him confused. 

"I wasn't always like this... A monster. I too lost someone very dear to me. My younger sister." 

He pulls out a small cherry blossom from his pocket. 

"My mother died after giving birth. I made her a promise that I'll be the best big brother to Sakura. I tried my best to support and raise her. I taught her many things especially the meaning behind the word 'hero'. I hated heroes because they only used that title for their own selfish desires. All except for All Might. He inspired me and I wanted her to be inspired by him too. To become a better hero. I loved her more than anything in life, but then she was taken from me. We were on our way home after picking her up from school when the machines attacked. The irregulars... The Mavericks. They attacked and killed anything in their path. We were separated in the panic. I tried to find her when a bomb hit, covering everything in a cloud of smoke and fire. I woke up, seeing the destruction and death they left behind. Buildings ablazed, ash covering the sky, corpses all over the ground. I found her... dead. My baby sister killed. I couldn't keep my promise and that was when I lost it. The heroes weren't there to save anyone... Those fakes. It was later... after her death I became a vigilante known as Stendhal."

"But then you ended up a villain." Izuku interrupted.

"That I did. As Stendhal, I believed that any who "wielded power without conviction" were automatically sinners deserving of death, and used this belief to justify my actions as heroic instead of hypocritical. That being said, I was perfectly willing to work alongside villains like Kuin Hachisukaas a means to an end. I found out that I suffer from a split-personality disorder of some kind that caused me to view the vigilante and civilian identities as two separate entities. However, the confrontation with the vigilante: Knuckleduster caused me to change my beliefs, and start thinking that those who are not "true heroes" are the reason for society's problems."

Izuku then asked something that he was now questioning. "Why did you even call me here?"

"I saw what happened. You lost a friend and unlocked the power of Biometals." Izuku asked him how he knew about the Biometals. "What was it that the one with the scythe said before he disappeared?"

"He said something about the legend of X and Z."

"The reason why they're important, is because they are the reincarnation of Mega Man X and Zero." Stain said.

"X and Zero?" Izuku said, curious. 

Stain  explains the events prior to the creation of the Biometals. The legend of X and Zero, the legendary Maverick Hunters. Izuku tried to take all of this in. The two Biometals were legendary heroes. Stain got up and unsheathed his sword.

"I called you here because I want to fight you." Stain said.

"Fight?" Izuku questions.

"Yes. My true wish wasn't to kill but death. I wanted to die by the hands of a true hero, so that I could see my sister in Heaven. But I knew it won't happen. For the sins of Wrath and for spilling blood, I would be sentence to Hell for judgement. Yet I pray everyday, not for forgiveness, but to see her one last time and fly like the sparrow she loved."

Izuku took out Model Z and merged. He now wore red armor and his hair was long wavy blonde. 

"Prepare yourself." He said, the Z-Saber in hand.

"Then let our battle be legendary." Stain readied himself for battle.

Stain fell, bleeding out from that fatal blow. Izuku came to his aid, but couldn't do anything as Stain told him something. 

"Thank you... I waited for this day to come... To finally see her..." He held onto Izuku's hand. "With great power comes great responsibility. But before all that, great pain and sacrifice. *coughs* We all share pain... But that is part of life... Promise me... that you'll show the world the true meaning of being a hero... Mega Man." 

Stain closed his eyes as his final breath disappears into the wind. Izuku picked up and carried his body to a graveyard behind the temple. There was an freshly dug grave next to two others. On the gravestones were the names, Sakura Akaguro and Nagisa Akaguro. 

Izuku laid the body down and buried him with his family. He placed his sword next to the stone with the red headband and mask tied on the handle. "Yasuraka ni nemuru (rest in peace)." He prayed.

Before he left, a sound of a chirp was behind him

looking back there was two sparrows, sitting on the stones before flying off into the sky. Izuku let out a small smile then left.