Chapter 17: Attack on Guardian HQ

Izuku makes it back to Guardian HQ with the help of 'Model HX' only to see the destruction that laid before him.

"Izuku! Can you hear me!? Come in! HQ radar has spotted multiple Slither Inc. airships! Their fleet is flying full speed straight at us! Please get back here! We need your help!" Prairie said, through the comm.

"Prairie, what's the status on the enemy fleet!?" Izuku asked.

"Not good! They're right on top of us! This ship wasn't designed for heavy battle. If the enemy boards us, we're done for!" An alarm went off in the background as the ship shakes again. 

"Slither Inc.'s fleet has fired an opening volley! Returning fire!" The operator shouted.

"All hands man the port and starboard machine guns! Don't let them get any closer!" Prairie ordered. However the ship shakes again as some of the cannons were destroyed. "Izuku! You have to get to the deck and do what you can to stop those boarding parties!"

"Leave it to me! No one's going to get hurt on my watch! I'll protect the Guardians!" Izuku saw the numerous Galleons boarding the ship. He destroys them along with several other Mavericks.

He dashed towards the control room only to see Prometheus and Pandora, along with more Galleons. Fleuve was knocked out cold while Prairie had a beam scythe up to her neck.

Maquereau tried to shot from behind, but Pandora blocks and he was hot instead.

"You... The boy from before... Model X... Model Z... together..." Pandora said, noticing Izuku in 'Model FX'.

"Or should we just say Model ZX now? Serpent's orders are to eliminate the Guardians here and now... Such a waste. It's time for one final test to see if you will make a worthy sacrifice for the revival of Model W." Prometheus said.

"Sacrifice!? Me!?" Izuku shouted.

"Prometheus... It's not fair..." Pandora complains.

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to leave some fun for you. That is unless he's too fragile and gets blown to pieces." 

Pandora teleports out, leaving them alone. 

"Izuku!" Prairie shouted, fear in her eyes as the blade inched closer to her bare skin.

"Interesting... You're more powerful than I expected. You've combined the Biometal fragments to draw out more power. Excellent feature. That woman knew what she was doing when she created that Biometal..." Prometheus said, causing Prairie to freeze.

"That woman!?" You're talking about Sis!" 

"Oh, you know her? Well then you must not be of this time either... Haha... What an interesting little connection you two have!" Prometheus teleports as Prairie fell to her knees. He then appeared again, floating upwards.

"Wait! Get back here!" Izuku shouted.

"Hmph. Don't be so quick to bear your claws to me little one. It'll cost you your life, just like it cost the red Mega Man his." Prometheus mocked.

"Why you-!"

"Haha... Consider yourself lucky to be alive. Remember this moment and how I let you live! If you want to press your luck, we'll be waiting! Hahahahaha!" Prometheus teleports out this time for good.

"Commander Prairie! The enemy fleet is moving away!" The operator informed.

"The enemy has retreated. I want a damage report! And make sure the wounded get priority." Prairie said, supporting herself with the console next to her.

"Understood."

Izuku went over to help Prairie to her seat. There she talked to him about something.

"There's something we need to talk about."

"Is this about Prometheus saying you were not of this time?" Izuku asked.

"Did you know that a long, long time ago humans and machines were at war with each other?"

"Stain told me about it. All of it is just history now. One many have forgotten." Izuku said, remembering what Stain said before their dual and his death.

"I'm a machine born of that era. I was designed to look like a person. I'm a Reploid." 

This shocked him completely. "You're a Reploid build hundreds of years ago!?" He exclaimed.

"But Sis... She was not a Reploid. She was human. She was a scientist who tried to protect us Reploids when no one else would. When the war ended, Human and Reploid were both living in harmony, and peace had finally prevailed. But the sentient machines known as Mavericks continued to threaten mankind. Sis formed the Guardians and tried to locate the source of the Maverick outbreaks in order to stop it. But Sis... She... she's gone. And..." 

"You've been fighting Mavericks for centuries... Fighting for the ones you love just like me... Well, not quite like me. You've been at it much longer than me." Izuku somehow felt a connection between them. Both lost someone they love and fighting a common enemy.

"Izuku..."

"Boss told me never to give up. That I still had something I must protect. We must destroy Model W and stop the Maverick outbreaks! For Boss... For mom... For your sister... For everyone that we hold dear in our hearts!"

"You're right... Thank you, Izuku. Let's get this mission underway!"