Chapter 42:FULFILLING MY PROMISE🌸

Some days later, I finally decided to meet my ex-crush again so I sent him a message on his social media account and told him that if he wanted to talk, he could come to my apartment that afternoon. I then called Tae to ask him if he was sure about it and he replied that he was and that I should not be so tensed. He also added that if I felt that it was becoming awkward, I could just call him...

My ex-crush (whose name is not important😌) reached my apartment at around 16 00. I was feeling really uncomfortable. I already wanted to go away but then I remembered my promise to Tae-hyung so I took a deep breath and said:

"Hmm... I'm not going to say that I'm sorry for last time because I'm not. But I accept that I should not have behaved like that."

"It's okay. I deserved it. But I'm glad you accepted to see me again." he replied.

"Yeah... I promised someone to do that so... here we are." I tried to smile and signalled him to have a seat.

"Well... I brought these for you." he said as he handed me a box of pastries.

I opened it and told him: "Let's share it." He nodded and took one.

I then tried to initiate a conversation so that I could feel less uncomfortable: "So... since when you're here?"

"To what I know, I came here one year after you. I got accepted in a medical university not far from here."

I nodded and we remained silent. It was really awkward and I wanted to run away. Then he finally spoke: "So you have a boyfriend? Since when?"

I hesistated, not knowing if it was a good idea to talk about V to him but then replied: "Hmm... yeah... since a little more than 1 year... and you? any girlfriend since we stopped talking?"

"Hmm... no... In fact... I didn't want to get in a relationship... after what happened with you." He confessed.

"Are you trying to say that it was my fault?!" I angrily asked.

"No... not at all. Stop misunderstanding me! You didn't change at all since all this time." he sighed.

"If you don't like the way I am then you may go!" I snapped.

He then calmed down and excused himself, before continuing: "So how did you meet him? Your boyfriend?"

"Why do you want to know more about him?" I asked, suspicious.

"Just like that. I mean that I never expected you to date anyone after what I did to you."

"Will you please stop reminding me of those memories?! And yeah I didn't expect that either. But it happened. He just bumped into my life, literally!😂 And I'm really happy he did." I replied, thinking of our first meeting, Tae-hyung and I.😋

He was looking at me, with a somewhat heartbroken face and then asked: "You're really in love with him, right?" I nodded and he continued:
"Can I see him?"

"No why?!" I exclaimed, panicked.

"I want to meet the man who made you melt." he asked with a smirk.

"Well no... that's none of your business."

"At least give me some details... please?" he begged.

"No. Stop it!" I growled.

"His age? At least? Do I know him?" he kept questioning me.

"If you continue, I'll throw you out. You know me... I'll really do it!" I threatened.

He remained silent and I ended up feeling bad for him. Even if he broke my heart before, I still could not see him being sad.🙄 So I told him:

"I can't give details of him. It's complicated and... anyway I'll give you some."

He came nearer to me as if I was going to tell him a huge secret😂 and I said:
"Well... he bumped into me last year while we were walking along the shops and this was when everything started: we became friends and later started dating."

"What does he look like? How old is he? I want to know more!"

His curiosity was amusing me and irritating me at the same time. "I told you not to ask questions!"

He excused himself and I continued: "He is perfect!😍 He's handsome, funny, intelligent, mischievous, generous and extremely caring. Everything a girl wants in a boy! But he is also a bad loser and is very moody, sometimes but anyway I like that side of him!😂"

I could see that he was jealous and that was amusing me even more.
"And then?... Why are you hiding him if he's that perfect?" he asked.

"And he's not German and is 5 years older than me... Well... that's the complicated part. He is a famous person and that's why we have to hide. Also, we are in a long-distance relationship."

"So I'll never see him? Are you okay with that? Is it not hard?" he asked then exclaimed, after a short pause: "Wait... YOU'RE DATING A CELEBRITY?!"

"No you won't but, ironically, he was here the last time you came and you didn't see him, though! 😅... Yeah it's hard but we are okay and he makes huge efforts to spend time with me."
I panicked and stammered: "Yes.. no... he's not a celebrity. It's complicated I told you. Please understand that I can't tell you more."

"I'm so unlucky then!🙄... What's his name? What does he do in life? Where does he live?..."

He was asking too many questions and I got irritated:
"I told you not to ask questions and I already told you enough. Stop it now."

He was begging me to tell him more and I got enough of it. I discretely missed call Tae and he almost immediately called back. I took the call and signalled my guest that he had to leave. He waved me goodbye and went away.

On the phone, Tae asked me how it was and I told him everything. He then told me that it was okay, that at least I tried but also asked me why I did not give him more details.

I finally told him that that boy is an ARMY and that it was through him that I discovered BTS. I heard him let out a little "Ohh" before saying: "Well... you can at least try to keep in touch with him without trying to be friends again."

I asked him why he absolutely wanted me to talk to the other one and he replied that he only wanted me to be happy. I told him that I was already happy since I had him, a best friend like Jungkook and 6 other amazing friends.

We then talked for some time, he told me more about his day and all. It was then time for him to go practice so he hung up...