Chapter 32

GW Hospital

Jackie had went home to the White House that night but she couldn't sleep as she wanted Jack in beside her. However he had spent the night at the hospital, waiting on news of Teddy.

She slept with his jumper on. The next morning, she arrived at the hospital and ran to Jack who was in Trauma Room One.

They waited for about three hours until it was announced that they could go in and see Teddy.

Teddy's room

The Kennedys entered his room and were overjoyed to see Teddy standing up with a brown, wooden walking stick.

"Bro!" Jack ran and hugged his brother. He hugged them both. "Let's see your legs!" Jack joked. Teddy sat in his bed and pulled up his trousers.

These metal poles replaced the muscles that used to be there. Teddy took off his shoes. "It's my feet too" Teddy pointed to his feet and laughed.

Jackie flicked her finger off them and they were solid. "Aluminium steel. Safe and secure" Teddy laughed. They sat and talked before Jackie ran out and got on the phone to Bobby.

20 minutes later

Bobby burst through the door and looked at his brother. "My God your legs!" Bobby stood with shock.

"What am I? An act in a freak show?! What's wrong with you?!" Teddy joked. They laughed, even Bobby who was being yelled at.

To them, at least Teddy was okay and he was well.