Chapter 46

Otis Air Force Base

Jackie's room

Jackie lay on the bed, in agonizing pain. Her water had broke on Marine One. Luckily, she was in the bathroom at the same time. She had been taken into her room, on a gurney, Jack at her right side. She was in so much pain, she couldn't even walk a few paces.

Jack was taken into a private waiting room. He was near tears when he could hear his darling wife, screaming with pain next door. "JACK!" He could hear her screaming. Jack knew there was nothing he could do. He wasn't allowed in as Jackie cried with all dear hope of him rushing in through the door.

Private room

7:50pm

It was starting to get dark. Jackie had gone into labour at 4pm exactly. It was the same team of nurses that had delivered Patrick. Jack was just waiting for news. Soon enough, Dr Walsh came through.

He shook hands with Jack. "Good evening Mr President" Dr Walsh smiled. Jack was happy to see a now faithful friend again. "Hello John". They both laughed. Dr Walsh explained everything to Jack.

"Just exactly 5 minutes ago, your wife Jacqueline was safely delivered to two healthy babies" Dr Walsh smiled as Jack, overwhelmed with happiness, jumped for joy.

Jackie's room

Jack entered Jackie's room with a massive grin when he saw two gorgeous babies in her arms.

"Oh Jack" Jackie sat smiling ear to ear. "Aren't they beautiful?"

"Of course they are Jackie" Jack said, sitting down next to her. "What one's older?" Jack asked. Jackie bowed her head to the one on her left. "This one, he was born at 7:45 and she was born at 7:48" Jackie confirmed.

Jack decided to hold his new little boy while Jackie held the girl. "Joseph" Jack proclaimed his son's name. Jackie nodded in agreement.

Jackie thought and jokingly said: "We don't we call our little girl Janet? To keep mom settled". Jack laughed. "Whatever you want to call her, since I named Joe" Jack replied, with a smile. Jackie decided on a name. "Elizabeth". Jack wondered where she had got that name from.

"After the Queen of England. She's always been very welcoming for us" Jackie said. Jack agreed.

Meanwhile outside, all the doctors stood at the TV, waiting for the announcement of the new Kennedy twins to made announced.