Chapter 52

25th November

9am

"JOHN! WAKE UP!" Jackie called from the Yellow Oval Room. John was woken by the sound and he dashed through.

Yellow Oval Room

John looked amazed at what met his eyes. There sat his parents with his sisters and brother. The twins were in a little crib, at the side. "Happy birthday John!" Jack smiled as his son looked like the happiest boy in the world. "Thank you daddy!" John smiled before dashing over to his heap of presents. 

From his parents he received a burgandy jumper with a white stitched on it. He also received a small box with a hat, scarf and gloves in it, (Jackie said it was to prepare him for winter), a copy of Curious George, a pair of shoes and a train set. When he unwrapped his parent's gifts he ran into their arms. "Thank you mommy and daddy!" He giggled before he unwrapped the gifts from Caroline. 

He hugged his sister after opening his parcel from Caroline which was a large painting she had done of him. 

The final gift from Kick was a large photograph of her and her brother. "Oh Kick thank you" John John hugged his little sister. She kissed his cheek. "No problem Johnnie" Kick smiled. 

Diplomatic reception room

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!". All of John's friends had been invited for his party at the White House. John ran off into the crowd of his friends. They all helped themselves to cake and treats before the party finished with games on the South Lawn.

As the children ran around the famous garden, Jack pulled Jackie to the side for a moment away from the pouring crowds. "Jack!" Jackie gasped. She had never seen him smile more mischievously before! "Woah calm it Mrs Kennedy" Jack laughed before placing a kiss on her lips. Jackie smiled. "Thank you" she blushed before hearing her son call her name. 

Jackie dashed to John on the lawn while Jack headed inside. 

Eas Sitting Hall

When Jackie got into comfier clothes, she searched for Jack. However a quiet note, like a piano came to her ear. She followed it to find Jack sitting in the East Sitting Hall. She entered quietly to find her husband playing Danny Boy. He didn't even notice. She waited until he finished before clapping. Jackie joined Jack on the stool.

He welcomingly wrapped his arm around her. "I've always liked that song" Jackie whispered. Jack kissed her head. "I've always loved it when you've been nearby" Jack said lovingly. Jackie looked at him. Their marriage hadn't always been easy but to her, it was the most loving, the most wonderful feeling in the world that Jack cared for her.