04 | "Tell Me The Truth"

My eyes found a box with my name written on it with a black marker. "There's my box!" I yelled enthusiastic as I quietly let out a sigh of relief. The way I got away from his question was pure luck. Maybe the Ancestors didn't want him to know yet, although I doubted that.

I rushed to the box, which was standing on a few other ones. Standing on my tiptoe, I tried to reach for the box.

"Can I help you?" a voice offered from behind me. All of a sudden he was close. Very close. The voice of course belonged to the generous Alpha who was helping me out of here.

I simply nodded my head, trusting my voice while he was so close would be stupid. He was less than a feet away and I could feel his breath against my neck. To say that it did nothing to me was a lie.

Moving away, I struggled to not let our skin touch. I wasn't ready to be bound to him yet. Maybe I needed to buy some gloves or something. That would prevent the opportunity that he discovered our possible mate bond.

Was it wrong to stay silent to an Alpha about his mate bond?

Like, technically I was keeping the Alpha Female away from the pack. But she was also willing to stay away. She didn't ask for this.

And I was talking about myself in the third person...

The Alpha grabbed the box easily. I wasn't short, he was very tall. Just for your information.

I really needed to ask his name. Calling him Alpha was getting irritating. It was how I was supposed to call him though. "What's your name?" I wondered out loud.

"Thinking about me I see," he turned around and smirked at me. Is every Alpha as arrogant as him? Because then I feel sorry for all the mates of Alpha's.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the box out of his hands and took it to a little open space where I sat down. "Just answer the question," I muttered, while I opened the box.

On top laid a lot of photo frames. My eyes fell on an old photo of me on my dad's bag. We both had an huge smile plastered on our face. It was taken by my mom when we visited Fillage. The ten year old memory felt so real again.

A cough got my out of my thoughts. "If you get to ask me a question again, I get to ask you one too."

"Deal," I agreed instantly. "You answer first."

He shook his head. "What's his name?" he asked for the second time.

I was lucky I wasn't looking his way. Otherwise I doubt I could lie to him. "His name is Jay," I made up.

He seemed to buy it. "And where's he right now?"

I smirked, but of course he couldn't see. "One question a time." I heard a soft scoff, no doubt it came from him. "What's your real name?"

He stayed silent for a good minute. "You don't know?" he sounded surprised.

"Almost nobody knows," I ensured him. "They just made something up. I guess your name isn't Ilias or something."

He scoffed again. "No, not even close."

"Then what is it?" I started to feel impatient. Now I understood how that guard felt. Like, it could all have been so much easier, why do it on the long and nerve wrecking way?

"That's for me to know and for you not to," he responded. I turned my head around and blinked at him. Was he being serious right now? He couldn't be.

My mouth was hanging open, trying to react. "But I told you his name," I stated in disbelief.

"It wasn't hard to tell you were lying."