14 | "Obey and Come Inside"

There, floating on the water, was a boat. It was like a boat of the Baywatch. I was getting closer to it by the second. On the boat I saw several Guards. They were walking back and forth over the small amount of space they had. One of them hold a big warm blanket in his hands. Another one facing me, looking me straight into the eye. And I stared back, I'd nowhere else to look at. His eyes were quite fascinating, they were hazel but with an obvious much green. It was a mix of the Safety and Optimism eyes and I surely hadn't seen this combination before.

I was only seconds away of the boat. All the Guards were screaming to each other. To say that they were panicking was an huge understatement. I didn't care what was happening. I knew they were getting me out of the water and if I stayed any longer in this cold liquid, I wouldn't survive long anyway. Letting those Guards save me was my best option. I knew they'd bring me to Alpha but I just hoped with whole my heart that it would take a while for him to get here. In that time I could easily -probably not- escape.

The moment they pulled me on the boat, I got a blanket thrown at me. I wrapped the blanket tightly around me and sat down on a seat in the boat. The Guards were all talking to each other and I didn't even care to eavesdrop. I was focussed on my surroundings, the view and mostly the people that were looking at me. From the look on their faces I knew they recognised me.

''Do you know-'' One of the Guards took a seat next to me. He tried to start a conversation with me but failed miserably. Mostly because I didn't want to talk. Especially to a Guard.

''No,'' I interrupted him. I didn't know anything. I didn't know what was going on, where we were going, not even what fucking day it is. Well, maybe I did know what was going on. The Guards caught me and are bringing me back to my lovely mate. Can't wait to see his face again. Wondering how angry he will be.

Somewhere inside of me, I pitied him. He was paired up with a woman who doesn't want anything to do with him. Just because he lives in this stupid pack. And it's not like he can leave. He's the Alpha. Like Hell he can just leave. So for me there are two options.

1. He steps down as Alpha and comes with me to the Safety Pack.

I didn't mind having a mate. I actually couldn't wait to meet mine. All I asked for was that he was not a member of the Love Pack. He'd be the one who took me to the other side of the Eight Lands and we'd be happy there. Together.

But that'd be unrealistic for someone like him. He couldn't just step down. For all I knew, he didn't even have a family member to pass the title down to. He was forced to be Alpha until he had a child of his own to pass it down to. And that was the part were I was needed. Because of that Cain wouldn't let me leave this pack and did everything to let the Guards get me.

Also, why would Alpha want to step down? So that's why I came up with my second option.

2. Run away without him.

Obviously it was the second option. The moment I discovered that my mate was a fucking Alpha, there was no option one anymore. And from that moment I knew that the second option wasn't going to be that easy either. And right I was.

After the boat, I was set in a car. I was seated on the backseat with on both my sides a Guard. Awkwardly I kept my mouth shut and stared outside through the window. Nobody in the car dared to say a word, so the whole car ride it was awfully silent.

Sometimes I looked from the corner of my eye to one of the Guards. Mostly I scanned them, searching for a weapon they might carried around. If they had one, I couldn't spot them. But to believe that they didn't have one, was difficult. They were Guards nonetheless. Although I hoped they didn't carry a weapon around so I'd stand a change against them, I knew better.