08 | "I Can't Read Her Mind or Something"

Surprise, surprise! A chapter in his point of view! Enjoy!

-x-

~*~

I was currently waiting in the dining room. Dinner was about to get served. I'd sent one of the servants to get Amilia, but once she got back she told me that Amilia didn't want to open the door. I'll bring a plate to her room after dinner.

After the servant left, I got an unexpected visit. I'd met the person a while ago. The last time I spoke to him was only two days ago. He told me that he'd made a mistake and I needed to solve it. That mistake was Amilia and he told me to get her out of the mental hospital she was then living in.

All of a sudden Ancestor Cain was in my dining room. His intimidating aura was more intimidating than mine. He was the only one who could comment me. Not even my Luna would be able to do that, because she was equally ranked, not above me.

Not that I have a Luna. Waiting and searching for her since I was eighteen, seven years ago. Every time I went to another pack to search there, I got back home alone, I failed every time I searched for her.

''Alpha,'' he spoke up. ''I've some interesting information.'' He paused, smirking at me while he kept silence. ''About your mate.''

His smirk grew, while my eyes did the same. I creased a brow, wanting him to tell me more. My patience was very little when it came to my mate. Seven years were more than enough, another year would make me go mad.

As Alpha of the Love Pack, it was weird to lead without a Luna. This pack is practically about mates and the one who leads it, doesn't have any. In those seven years, people began to get warry of me. The question 'Do you have a mate' hit me quite a lot. And when I replied with a 'No', it was a shock to everyone.

''What about my mate?'' I ordered, tapping my fingers on the table. I was nervous about what he was going to say about her. Did something happen to her? Is she dead? Please don't let her be dead. Please let her live. Please let her be fine.

''I gave her the opportunity to tel her herself, but the stubborn female she is, didn't.'' With a grin on his face, he shook his head. ''She reminds me of someone I know. Or, used to know.'' His grin was gone, replaced by a straight line.

It was nerve wrecking that he wasn't using a name. I wanted her name. Only the name would be enough. ''Who?'' I asked, demanding an answer.

Cain chuckled. ''You already know, just didn't realise it on time,'' he stated. My body was tense, ready to run out of this room straight to her. My mate. Once he said her name.

''I thought many women were my mate,'' I told him. ''Found out they weren't the moment I touched them. So, no, I don't. I've no clue who my mate could be.'' I was starting to feel very frustrated. Ancestor Cain was known to be mysterious, he'd never make things clear himself; it were always riddles you needed to figure out to get the answer. But this riddle was unsolvable. If I knew the answer, he wouldn't be here. Then I'd be happy with my mate right now.

And do you see her anywhere around? No? Well, me neither.

Cain laughed, his broad shoulders moving by his action. ''Of course you don't,'' he stated. ''Why would someone as oblivious as your kind know? Your kind is so ignorant; they miss all the big problem-solving clues. Why would you be an exaptation?''

That actually hurt my pride. The very Ancestor my pack has worshipped over the past centuries made us all look like fools. Ignorant fools. It made me angry, furious. How dared he? The problem was that I couldn't go against him. I wasn't halve as powerful as the immortal Ancestor in front of me. If I did anything, my whole pack would suffer from the consequences. Plus, then I'd never get to know who my lovely mate was.