Chapter Six

Paige's POV

I go to Chloe's room to find her dressed and ready at 6 in the morning. I hug her, she's tired and not to mention tearful, which I don't blame her for.

Chloe's POV

"So do you think Lucas saw the kiss then?" She asks carefully, hoping I will not crack.

"Yes, he did, that's why he was mad." I try to answer her back without bursting into major tears again. I honestly cannot work out Lucas' anger towards Gino and I. We get on the plane, Lucas and Gino made their way up separately, taking different flights. We are sitting waiting for our plane, as I spot Lucas in the distance sitting on his own. I decide to go and sit next to him.
"Lucas, I'm sorry, I really am. I don't like Gino." I tell him slowly, to keep him calm. He looks upset now, his head rested on his fist.

"Go and call Gino. Tell him that. You haven't seen him all night." I move somewhere else to call Gino and to tell him what he needs to hear.

"Hey Gino." I stutter nervously.
"Oh hey Chlo"
"Look Gino, I'm really sorry about what happened last night, are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm ok."
I wanted to tell you that I think it would be best we be just friends." I say quickly because I knew I had to face this moment at some point.

"Look Chloe, I think it would be best too. Oh and make sure you tell lucas that if we ever cross paths again I will tell you everything." I don't really get what he means but I just say goodbye and hang up. I go to sit down next to Lucas again, when he finally smiles at me and I think I am forgiven. He puts his hand on mine and says, "What I said last night, I was just angry." I think thats Lucas' version of an apology, because I don't think that the word 'sorry' is even in his range of vocabulary, but I'll take it any day.
After a long flight we get off feeling really tired, after only getting about an hours sleep. Its 10:30pm here.
I am going back to Paige's in a taxi, because I haven't really had a chance to thank her and speak to her since yesterday. I arrive back home with Brooke and Paige to see Josh sitting on the sofa watching TV.

"You're back early" he states lazily as he munches on some chips. Kelly walks into the hallway and rolls her eyes over at Josh before hugging us all and helping us haul our heavy suitcases up to Paige's room. I'm Glad Kelly doesn't ask about the fight, because they fought over a kiss between Gino and I and it makes me look bad. Paige and I get into bed and switch off all the lights after changing into our comfy pyjamas. Last night and today has certainly made us tired.

Lucas' POV

My mom shrugs at the idea that I had a fight, but I can tell she's fuming.

"So what did you fight over? It better be good because you've gone and lost your spot on Cathy's team."