Chapter Ten

"Morning Hun," Lucas says as he slowly wakes up at nine o'clock. We both accidentally fell asleep still in our dance clothes from yesterday, which has made me feel really stupid. I get out of bed and yawn while Lucas sits up squinting as if it's 3 in the morning.

"Whoops" I giggle quietly as he lies back down. I wait for about half an hour, being bored and sitting on my phone waiting for him to wake up again, but by the looks of it he's gone. I decide to leave his apartment and text him later, that way I don't look weird sitting around in his place all day. On my journey home I have decided to go to the mall, to buy some flowers and a vase to go on my dresser by my bed. I pick some adorable pink and yellow tulips, which will make my room look colourful during winter which is on its way. Once I have paid, I leave the pink little florist and go to buy a morning coffee to drink on my way home. I then decide to stop off at an adorable little boutique on the way back to my car, as they have a small sale sign present in the shop window next to a neon pink short dress. I end up trying on and buying a subtle peachy lace dress, which I am in love with. I leave the shop and get in my car, driving away back to my apartment. As soon as I get back I call mom, after remembering I haven't called her in a while. I talk to her about dance yesterday and the dress I bought today, leaving out that I stayed at Lucas's apartment and fell asleep fully clothed, which obviously would make her slightly mad. I hang up after telling mom that I miss her and speaking to Clara who I miss more than ever. I would love to go and live with my family again, but college is fun and I enjoy the subjects I get to do and I am especially enjoying dance at the moment. I'm excited for my broadway audition but I'm also so nervous I feel like I could crawl under a table and never come out again, but I know I cannot be like that. I have to walk in confident and walk out confident, otherwise I haven't even got a chance to get a callback. I hang my brand new dress up in my wardrobe, before going downstairs to have some cereal for breakfast. I turn on the TV and sit on my beige sofa, feeling relaxed, happy and tired as I switch the channels over and over. I become bored for the majority of the day, flitting about my apartment and checking Instagram. Because of the boredom of hanging around, I decide to go for a little walk around the block, just to distract me from being lonely all the time. A little white fluffy kitten comes running up towards me and lying right in front of me as I walk up the narrow pathway.

"Hey little guy," I say sweetly bending down to stroke him. I scratch his neck and realise he doesn't have a collar, so I look around to see if there is anyone about. Clearly if he doesn't have a collar he must have been abandoned, so I decide to pick him up and take him back to my apartment. I punch some holes in an empty moving house box, put him in and take him to the vet to see if he is microchipped or not, because I would hate to leave an abandoned kitten all by itself without being looked after properly. I wait outside the busy vets, looking around at the different cats, dogs, rabbits and their owners waiting patiently for their turn. I open the lid of the box on my lap slightly. I look at the adorable fluffy Persian kitten and I want to cry inside, its little greenish brown eyes staring up at me longingly. When it's my turn, I take the box into an examination room and a pretty woman in a blue nurses outfit smiles broadly at me. I tell her where I found him, all alone and by himself. The woman does a few tests to see if he has an owner, before smiling at me ten minutes later.

"Well, looks like he's yours to keep. He doesn't have a microchip so we assume he doesn't have an owner, so you're very lucky!" The woman says happily. I purchase a cat box/cage to carry him home in, trying to think of a name to call my adorable new pet. I think it will be extremely exciting to have a pet, to cuddle on my bed when nights are cold and lonely. I've decided to call him Payley, which I think is an adorable name for my new baby boy kitten. On my way back I stop off to get some cat food at the pet store, also buying some cute kitten toys to put in my living room. As I arrive home, I smile as the kitten dashes off to search my apartment, cheering me up and making me smile.