Like Glue

Wynnie's dorm room
Early December

Wednesday woke up the next morning and blinked her eyes

Wednesday woke up the next morning and blinked her eyes. Her body was on fire, and not in a good way. What the fuck! She thinks to herself.

Cairo had laid his body on top of her, mouth open, dead to the world. Wynnie pushes him off her as best as she could but his body was rock solid muscle. Oh my God, this nigga breath is like...OH MY GOD! Wynnie falls to the floor. Cairo makes himself comfortable in her bed, curling up with her pillow. Somewhere in the night he'd taken off his shirt and pants.

"How did he get in here!" Wynnie mumbles on her way to the bathroom. Her next-door neighbor knocked on her door.

"Don't forget we got RA checks this morning."

"THIS morning?" Wynnie could die right there in the hall.

"Yeah girl...check your schedule." She laughs and goes back to her room. Wynnie does her morning routine and goes back to her bed. Cairo hadn't even looked like he was going to make an attempt to wake up.

"Cairo!" she whisper-yelled, pushing him. "Cairo!" Wynnie was a little louder.

"Five more minutes." He mumbles.

"You need to leave now. RA checks are this morning." She kept pushing him. He swipes her with his 10-inch hand, pulling her under him on the bed. "CAIRO!" he does not move.

Suddenly it's a knock on her door. "RA check!" the woman yells at her door.

"I'm not presentable yet." Wynnie wants to pass out. "Cairo, please wake up." He rolls over in a new position. Wednesday has no choice but to throw a huge blanket over him and kick his pants under her bed. Why me, why me Lord? She thought as she opens the door.

The RA checks her room. Cairo begins to move. Wynnie jumps on the bed while the woman's back is turned. He groans. Wynnie sticks her fingers in his mouth. "Stay the fuck quiet." She whispers, eyes blazing. The woman turns around, impressed.

"The best room all morning." She and Wynnie walk to her door. The woman stands in the hall.

"Thank you, ma'am." Wednesday smiles.

"But next time, at least warn ya lil boyfriend about RA checks." She winks, knocking on the next door. Wynnie's eyes widen.

"Cairo Minnelli." Wynnie walks in, slamming her door.

"Chill, Wynnie." His sleep voice took her off guard. As well as his, ah, well... "My eyes are up here love."

Wednesday growled for a moment. "Why are you in here? How did you get here?" she fussed.

"You got an extra toothbrush?" he asked. She bends over and throws one from her tote. Cairo couldn't stop himself from smirking.

"Stop looking at my ass, mannish ass nigga." She stood up straight before throwing him his sweats from the night before. Wynnie went in her bathroom to wash her hands. She could feel Cairo standing behind her. She met his eyes in the mirror. His face didn't change as he moved closer in the small space.

Intentionally, he rubs his hardened member on her butt. "My bad, shawty." He leans over her to brush his teeth. Wynnie moves out of the way but all the wind have been rubbed (eh heh) out of her sails.

"Get out of my room, Cairo."

"Why you actin like that ma?" he lowers his sleepy grey eyes at her.

"Bruh, you ain't so much as thrown a smoke signal my way in days, weeks and now you show up to my room in the middle of the night."

"Wynnie, stop all that fussin. Ain't nobody got time for allat." He pulls her in his lap. Wynnie's eyes widen for the second time that day. This was familiar but unfamiliar territory. "Just say you miss a nigga, Wynnie."

"GoodBYE Cairo." She pushes herself off his lap.

"It's okay, I missed you too." Cairo readily admits. Wynnie forgets her icy façade.

"You did?" her face turns pink under her darker complexion. Then she snaps out of it. "That sounds like a 'you' problem." Cai smirks for a moment, seeing right through her.

"Girl shut up and get dressed. I got a whole day planned." He puts his pants on and ties the tie.

"Who said I wanted to go anywhere with you." She crosses her arms defiantly. Cairo rolls his eyes and sits on her bed to wait.

"You got one hour. I'm going back to sleep." He didn't even care if she protested before making himself at home in her bed again. Never mind the fact she just made her bed. Wynnie turned to her dresser with a smile. Okay, I wanna go.

An hour later,

Minnelli Penthouse Floors

"I can't believe you convinced me to get dressed just to lay up." Wynnie fussed. Her natural hair was all over her head and she wore a pullover shirt. Her hands rested on her hips.

Cairo throws a pillow in her direction. Wednesday dodges it. "Com'ere guh." He yelled. "A nigga just wanna lay under you." His vulnerable side was out to play. Wynnie realizes it instantly. Her insides wobbled for a second.

"When did we cross into this territory?" she climbs on the bed. Cairo hits a button and the screen comes down from the ceiling. Cairo doesn't answer. Because he didn't have an answer. He doesn't know. He snuggles under the smaller woman, resting his head on her heart. To memorize her heartbeat. Okay, I like this.

They spent the whole day watching tv marathons of their favorite shows, napping and studying. And eating of course.

"Cairo...I don't know much about you." Wednesday started.

"What do you want to know?" he watched her cautiously.

"You're nothing like your brother and cousins. You're like the odd man out in a way. At least to me."

"Nah, you right...I wasn't always though."

"What happened?" she threw her legs over his lap, stretching over his bed.

"I grew up." Cairo stretched. "I was born in south France like I told you. I got a sister named Charlotte and Adonis is my twin. I know several languages. And one really interesting fact about me is, I'm afraid of cats."

"What the hell! Cats?"

"My nana Diane had a cat for like three weeks and basically he scratched me up." Cairo started laughing.

"What happened to him?"

"He ran away from her too. I guess he was a rolling stone." He shrugged. "I love the beach, spending time with my family...sweet potato pie."

"Spending time with family huh?" she teases him.

"Oh yeah baby girl...death before dishonor, family over everything. That's the Minnelli creed." He spreads her legs to make room for himself. Wednesday sat up immediately, pushing up to meet him. Her hands firmly on his chest. Eyes blazing. "I wasn't going to try anything." He held his hands up.

"Okay..." her eyes were wild. What do we have here? Cairo thought. He filed that in his mind for future reference. He pulls her to him, and they resume their show.

"Gimme kiss." He rubs his nose in her neck, wanting her attention. Wynnie giggles for a moment. "Wynnie Pooh."

"I know you did not!" she looks up at him in shock.

"I did. Now gimme my kiss." He pulls her in his lap. Sparks going crazy. Cairo is shirtless. Wynnie is temporarily mesmerized as their lips touch. Cairo takes control. Wynnie moans, melting in the embrace. He can feel it. Wanting. Her body melting, burning. Dangerously desiring. Wynnie pulls away. Breathless, pupils dilated.

"Cairo..." she can feel him rising. "I'm not..." Wynnie is short of panicking.

"I gotchu...I can wait."

And in that moment, Wynnie wanted him to have her. Because she knew, his word was Bond.