Unimpressed

University of Miami baseball field

"Hurry up, E!" Eden's friend called her

"Hurry up, E!" Eden's friend called her. They were walking down toward the field, just off the dugout.

"I don't know why you yelling at me. Y'all know I don't care for baseball like this."

"It's not about the actual game girl..." her friend smirked at her. Eden rolls her eyes as she sits down with her wide brimmed hat and hand fan.

Just within earshot, the Minnelli twins Phoenix and Apollo sit down. Surprisingly nobody noticed them make their appearance for their cousin.

"If it's not about the game why are we here?" E continues to fuss. "I could be getting a nap before work sis."

"Girl shut the fuck up. Look over there." She points in the batting cage.

"I don't see nothin..." E isn't impressed. Her friend pulls her face closer.

"That, right there is Zo Minnelli bitch." Her other friend says his name. Eden blinks. Phoenix snickers just a little before returning to poker face.

"And this is significant why?"

"The best baseball player in the country." They inform her. Eden takes a drink from her water bottle.

"And a bat ain't the only thing he can swang." Her friend nods her head like she had the tea. Eden spits out her water, choking. "Oh don't act like that! You know you need some act right."

Phoenix and Apollo are listening intently to what Eden has to say now.

"Ma'am." Eden looks over at her friend. Not even noticing two pair of grey eyes were watching her too. "If the tea is that hot about em, I don't need it."

"Okay..." her friends drop the subject. "Don't be surprised now..."

"Y'all talking like you know something I don't." Eden is irritated now. Her friends smirk.

"He single..."

"Bye bitch." Eden checks her phone and sighs. "I could be at home sleep bruh." She mumbles.

The game gets started. A little scrimmage, nothing too crazy before the spring part of the schedule.

The teams are introduced, E could really leave. But she didn't want unwanted attention on her when she stood up to leave.

Zolan stands up to bat. Several girls scream. These hoes bruh, Eden shakes her head. She checks her phone again.

Suddenly a ball comes flying toward her face. Phoenix had perfect timing and caught it in midair. Bitches screamed in fanfare.

"Excuse me, Miss." He nods at her. Eden nods her head in appreciation. Her skin is prickly and a shiver rips through her on an otherwise warm day.

She looks in the direction of the batting plate. Her face turns pink. Eden diverts her face away from this Minnelli.

Then she stands up, pretending that it was time for work

Then she stands up, pretending that it was time for work. "Y'all not about to make me late. Bye y'all." She grabs her bag and dips.

After the game, Phoenix, Apollo, and Zolan sit in the tech lab. The twins are going over their case together. Zolan is going over surveillance for his own case. His first solo case.

"Who was that girl from the game?" he asks casually.

"The only thing I could get is E. She wasn't fond of your uh...reputation." Apollo snickers for a moment.

"Oh..." Zolan is unimpressed. "She cute though."

"I noticed." Phoenix side eyes his cousin, his brother. "I'm hungry. Let's go to Pretty Wings."

"This late?" Apollo protests.

"No crowd for real and they still got fresh food." Zolan stands up leading the way out of the door. The twins shrug and follow.

"Go get those tables over there!" My manager advised me. I turn around and air seeps out of my lungs.

The Minnelli twins had perched themselves in my section.

Apollo and Phoenix Minnelli. I knew them. They were stars on our football team. But this new one, I'd never seen him before. Never mind that though, I thought.

"Welcome to Pretty Wings. I'm your server, E." I introduced myself. I see why bitches be trying to come at them. Grey eyes and elaborate tattoos, tall...but I can tell neither one of the twins fit me. What?

"What the E stands for?" The nameless Minnelli brings my attention to him. I blink for a moment. Nobody has asked me before.

"That's for me to know and you to never know. What will you be having?"

Then the twins rattle off their orders. Nameless Minnelli gives his and I take the menus. A blast of heat wrap around my waist when his fingers brush against mine.

I put their orders in and busy myself with menial tasks until the food is ready. Then I take them their drinks and food. Again, busying myself with tasks that could wait.

How could I allow myself to get so unnerved so quickly? If at all? I think to myself. Nameless Minnelli...is that the face from the game? I couldn't be sure.

The restaurant makes us dress revealing as it is. Like a black Hooters.

Anyway, I'm waiting on them to finish. We're going to close soon. Their conversation minimal at best. Up and personal, they're so...private. And it's not pressuring. Almost like they don't think about it.

Interesting.

They stand up, each throwing a napkin on the table. Each leaving a huge $200 tip! Wow, $600! Now, I can pay my balance in full for next semester.

I get home. Exhausted ain't the word but the money I needed so I'm cool. I take a soak and thankful that Jagger isn't home yet. I don't think I could take his berating words.

Emotionally and verbally abusive. He's never hit me but I think he will one day.

How did I end up here?

It was one day during my freshman year. I couldn't make the deposit to secure my room on campus.

Jagger helps me get in the dorm and we hit it off. Off and on dating led to us moving in together. But I still had to pay for school and such. Sometimes I was "spoiled". But I was yearning for more. Hopefully I get in my field soon so I can move out and on with my life.

As soon as I hit my head on my pillow, the adventures from the day have all but floated from my mind. Nameless Minnelli and all.