Better Understanding

August
Miami, Florida

Eden sat by her window with her knitting materials and her music playing. She hummed along to the tune and smiled. Her legs dangled from the chair.

Eden stood up and left the sitting area to go to the bathroom. When she came back, Zo was sitting in one of her bar chairs.

"This is exactly why I said give me my key back." Her heart jumped in her throat.

"And I'm not." He smirked and stood up, beckoning for her. "Get dressed."

"Why?" she looked at him nervously. "What are you planning, Zo?"

He smacked his lips, annoyed. "Come to the island with me and my cousins."

"You didn't even ask if I had other plans..." she places her hands up on her hips, readying to fuss.

"You don't. And I'm not here to argue with yo crazy ass." He fussed back. Eden snatched a duffel bag from her closet and started throwing stuff in.

"One day you're gonna learn the word please. And how to ask a question." Eden fussed. He watches her patiently. Satisfied that he got his way yet again. "And don't think you won, Zo."

"I don't." he couldn't take the laugh out of his throat even if he wanted to. "You so cute when you mad."

"I bet yo daddy used the same line on yo mama too." she grabbed her bag and locked up her place.

"I bet he did...with his crazy ass. That's my dawg though." Zo slings his arm around her shoulders with a smile. "You gon like it, I promise."

"You better make it worth my while." She threw back. Zo just shook his head and led them to his car.

The car ride is silent but Eden is swimming with anticipation.

"Close yo eyes." he whispers excitedly. Eden closes them. Zolan puts his fingers across her eyes so she couldn't see it. "Open!"

"What the!"

"Look...she has your name."

"E." Eden read the yacht's name. "You make me so sick." She blushed.

"I got it last week

"I got it last week...let's go!" he pulled on her hand. "My cousins are waiting at the island already."

They settled in the sleeping cabin of the yacht. Eden finished the scarf she was working on with her feet in Zolan's lap. He was playing the game. Call of Duty specifically.