This Moment

July

The following weekend, when the Minnelli Family were preparing to go back home, Zolan found himself at the Ritz hotel waiting for Eden to finish packing. She hadn't said a word to him since he arrived.

He shook his head. How did they get from moving forward to here so fast? He'd admit part of it was his fault. He remembers how nervous she looked when they'd talked privately about their future. Grandpop Aries didn't make it any better for the young couple.

"You ready?" Zolan brought her attention to him. She nods her head and goes up the stairs of the private plane. She doesn't stop to sit with him either.

But Zo decides to let her go. He had to work on the new developments in the case. Information from Phoenix and Apollo about their cases.

They arrived in Florida in the same condition. She got in her car with her bags and drove off. Zolan knew E could be cold but never in a million years he thought she'd be cold toward him.

The following Monday, Eden arrived at Zolan's penthouse after work. She was tired and the shower she'd taken didn't make her feel any less tired. But she remembered she didn't get her key from Zolan after coming back from California.

"Hey, I put your key on the counter. Where's mine?"

"My key?" Zo stepped off the treadmill in genuine confusion. Eden stood at the door of the gym to wait patiently.

"Yes. I want my key back."

"For what?"

"I told you that we're done back in California." She folds her arms. Why does he always make things difficult!

"No we not. And I'm not giving your key back. Go get the key off the counter and go sit down."

"I don't think you're understanding me. We are not together anymore. I just want my key. You're making this harder than it is."

Zo stepped off the treadmill. His eyes deadly trained on her. Eden gulped.

"Okay." He says simply. But his body language told another story. Eden turned and left the room ahead of him.

But he takes his time. This nigga stay playing with my emotions, Eden thinks. Sitting on his bed.

She waited for him to take a shower and change clothes. Grey sweats and no shirt.

Zo grabbed her key and clasped it in his hand.

"You sure you want me to give back this key?" He's standing over the bed.

"Yes." She goes for it. Sparks tingle her skin when Zo pulls her to his chest. He wraps an arm around her waist. "Just give me the key Zo and we can be done."

"All this over what somebody said. Somebody that's not even in this relationship. Me and you are."

"That 'somebody' greatly influences you." She throws back. Zo nods his head before sitting on the bed. He places her in his lap and then runs his nose along her sensitive areas on her neck.

"So we done?" His deep rasp made her insides shake. "Huh?" His eyes flickered up to stare at her.

"Yes." She responds but it sounds a lot like a moan. Zolan bites his lip, caressing her breasts under her shirt with one large hand and her clit with the other hand.

"So tell me. To my face." He's challenging her.

"We, Zo-Zolan..." her breath caught. Her legs shake for a moment. She wills herself to ignore the sensations. "We are over Zolan." Eden stares in his eyes. She hops down from his lap.