A Gift to Remember

Alex and Sunday's Estate
Pearl River, Florida

Wynnie woke up on Christmas morning with a bright smile on her face

Wynnie woke up on Christmas morning with a bright smile on her face. She's spent the last few days with Sunday and her boys. Wednesday couldn't believe Sunday was really a mom. Wynnie didn't see that life for herself but Sunday was clearly made for it.

"Say good mawnin T-Wynnie!" Sunday burst in her room with her arms filled with babies. Now over a month old, Phoenix and Apollo's personalities were finally starting to show.

"Hey dudes!" she reaches for a baby after doing her morning routine. "Where did you get these grey eyes from?" she observed.

"It's apparently a through the genes thing. Trust me, I've asked." She laughed. "Would've made life easier if they had brown eyes like mine."

"It's like he's staring in your soul with those things." Wynnie held a smiling Phoenix close to her bosom. The almost two-month-old baby tried to snatch her breast out of her bra. "Hold up pimp!"

Alex took him from Wednesday as his mother, Zippy walked in the kitchen. Well, the whole Minnelli family was there because they didn't want Sunday and Alex to celebrate Christmas alone.

"Nephew!" Charlotte took the little baby from her brother-cousin. "You actin fresh already?" she rubbed the baby's back.

"Merry Christmas everybody..." Wednesday slid into a chair closest to where her grandmother was cooking, taking notes. The room seemed to get hotter when Cairo walked in the kitchen. Zippy and Missy looked at each other with a plotting smirk.

"Fire up the grill boy! I want steak for today." Grandpop Aries bounded down the stairs with a boisterous laugh. Antonio and Amiri shook their heads.

"When do you not want steak?" Nana Wednesday fussed.

"Fair point, Wednesday. Fair point." He laughed again. "Wynnie!" his green eyes fell on his future granddaughter in law.

Wednesday jumped as she grabbed a cinnamon roll fresh out the oven. "Sir?" she danced the roll from hand to hand.

"You ready?" his green eyes held intensity.

"I'm sorry?" Wynnie looked up in confusion. Grandpop Aries' eyes weren't saying what his mouth was. Almost like I know something you don't know kinda stare.

"For the water conservation project."

"Oh!" she lets out a relieved laugh. "Yes...I've been studying underground pipes throughout the cities of Flint and Detroit almost nonstop." She leaves the island where she and Grandpop were sitting at. Cairo slipped in the seat on the other side of her. Then Wynnie comes back with rolls of paper almost as big as her.

"So...boom. Here's what I'm thinking. I have to get here." She points to the main river system of the city of Flint. "While attacking the underground systems of here, here, and here." The Minnelli men take out their glasses almost at the same time and is awed almost instantly. "Once the lead and poisonous materials are lifted, I have to find a way to infiltrate the water that's going into the residential areas to treat that as well."