Changed Perception

Eden stood in the living room area of the penthouse with her arms crossed defiantly.

Zo had thrown her stuff in the room she'd slept in the night before. Igniting yet another argument.

Well, Eden fussing and screaming. And as usual, Zo ignoring her.

"Are you done? Because I'm tired." His sleepy eyes bore into her skin.

"Fuck you Zo." She stomps out of the room, slamming her bedroom door.

Suddenly her door opened and slammed back. Eden jumped.

"You listen. And you listen to me very carefully little lady." He's standing very close to her, practically over her as she sat in the bed. Eden swallowed. Attitude gone.

"I happen to like you. I happen to care. But you gonna push me to a point where I don't give a fuck what happens to you. And I promise you don't wanna know what that feels like." His aggressive tone was back but he didn't raise his voice. But his eyes had turned completely green. His anger apparent all over his face.

A shiver caught Eden off guard.

"Okay." Her voice vulnerable. Zolan didn't say anything else and left.

Eden open and closed her hands. Guilt washed over her. She slipped out of bed and went down the hall. Her small feet gliding over the marble floors.

At the very end of the hall was Zolan's bedroom.

It was twice the size of her room

It was twice the size of her room. She walks up the small flight of stairs. Eden crawls up on his back. She didn't know where the pull was coming from. But she liked it.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, placing her cheek on his back.

Zolan smiles before dozing off.

Somewhere in the night, Eden curled herself under him. Pushing herself closer to Zolan in her sleep. Rubbing her nose in his neck, like a newborn.

Falling deeper into sleep. And love. Zolan held her tighter. Determined to keep her with him.

The next morning, Eden slipped from underneath him. She felt refreshed and surprisingly a little less worried.

She pulled her planning book out after breakfast. Eden was nice enough to leave Zo some food. And she wrote down her goals.

"Whatchu doin?" Zo slid next to her with his food.

"Planning." She says simply. "I got a new job."

"When?!" He yells.

"Well...I was offered in like February but I just called and told them I was ready to take it. And now, I am apartment shopping." She cheesed.

"Nah." He kisses her with his greasy lips. "You staying with me." Sparks shot all over them.

Her stomach churned a little. "I would prefer to have my own space, Zo."