Epilogue

After the mothers' brunch, Eden sat in one of the rooms with her yarn and hooks. She hummed a tune to herself, content with being alone. E wouldn't admit it but she enjoyed listening to the banter between the Minnelli Family. She also wouldn't admit out loud that she felt like an outsider.

"Hey stranger." Cairo lifted her legs and sat in the spot next to her. She looks up curiously at the older man with a face and eyes much like her love.

"I could say the same about you." She quipped. Cairo smiled. "Why are you in here?"

"I came to ask you the same thing." His eyes flickered at hers.

Zolan began to walk in the room but saw it was an intimate moment between the two and walked back out. Wynnie walked in though.

Eden kept quiet for a moment and then she spoke, not noticing that Wynnie had entered the room. "Sometimes, I feel like I don't belong here. Like the odd woman out." She is candid. "I know y'all got me and the baby and all but I just don't feel like this is for me."

"What was your past like, Eden?" Cairo asks as he rubs her swollen feet.

"I lost my parents in a fire. I lived with my grandmother for a while before she died and then I did foster care until I turned 18. I've been on my own for a while now." She wipes her face from the few tears that dropped. "It's nothing wrong with you...I just don't know if I'm ready to accept a new family like that."

"Nobody is forcing you to accept a new family. We just want to guide you to a better life. Not just financially but with support...and love." Wynnie speaks. "I see myself in you. Especially starting out. Me and Missy had it out a few times before I got it right."

"How?"

"I was pregnant with Zo...and due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to lean on her. Or she forced me to lean on her rather. And I still thank her for that too." Wynnie smiles.

"The point is E, we are here for you. You are not alone, I really want you to be the daughter we never had. In your own way." Cairo is honest.

"I only had one child...and I'd love to guide you like Missy guided me. With your permission." Wynnie held her hands out, offering. Hoping.

Eden looked between the two. Her baby kicks again. "Okay. I'll do it."

Ten years later,

Maverick Minnelli jumped the little boy in response to what was said about his cousins. Jax and Jace Parker couldn't stand up to the green-grey eyed boy. The City of Miami's mayor's boys had to learn a hard lesson.

Mav didn't care who he was fighting. He made sure not to go down, like his grandfather showed him.

"Mav! Chill! We'll see them niggas at summer camp." Forrest pulled his cousin off the brothers. Maverick nodded his head, satisfied.

But that summer wouldn't come.

"Jagger Parker, you are under arrest for extortion, fraud, wire fraud, tax evasion, and Ponzi schemes." Zolan arrested his long-time nemesis.

Jagger started laughing. "This won't be the last you see of me Minnelli." Jagger promised.

"I don't doubt it." Zolan handcuffed him and handed him over to the appropriate authorities.

Eden finished her day at the Women's Conference and had Maverick in tow when she got the news. Finally, she thought.

"This ain't over Ma." Maverick prophesized. Eden sighed and held on to her boy.

Are you ready?