For Family

Colorado Wilderness

It's been about a month now. Cairo is finally back to his top physical strength. And his mind is sharper than before.

But he spends his days watching TaMika and Rielle. It's amazing to him how they conduct spells and rituals.

"Lift this up there." TaMika breaks him out of his thoughts. Cairo takes the box quickly.

"Where are your mates?"

"Mates? Haven't heard that in at least 200 years." Rielle laughs.

"Pause."

"We're reincarnating witches. This is my first time pregnant though." Rielle explains.

"Anyways...my mate died for good. I tried to bring him back but he was done living. This was before I knew I was pregnant. And he still won't come so, here I am." TaMika explains sadly.

"And mine is in California setting us up. I'm supposed to give birth soon and go to him."

"What the fuck?!"

"Shut up..."

"This is the modern era. Y'all don't have to operate like that."

"It's not about what era we're in. It's about making sure we deliver accurately."

"Y'all tryna have these babies alone?!"

"Not try, we're going to." Rielle corrects him.

The unlikely trio sit down to dinner a little later.

There's a knock on the door. Standing in the blizzard like snow is...Adonis.

The witches and Cairo are stunned.

"How did you find him?" TaMika can't believe it. Adonis walks past the tiny witch with a smirk on his face.

"There's only one Bond stronger than the bond I have with Nia, is with my twin." Adonis hugs his brother. "We miss you so much brother." He tells Cairo.

"I miss y'all more. How is Wednesday?" he asks almost immediately.

"She's doing better. She solved the water crisis and she's having a boy." He smiles proudly. "But I've come with a proposition."

"And that is?"

"Nia and my boys are in California. And Nia due to give birth any day...basically I got a stalker situation going on and I need some help." Adonis looks at his brother helplessly.

"And you've come to me for help?" Cairo watches him cautiously.

"Yes. If you can, Cairo. I realize I'm probably asking for too much." Adonis was laying his cards out.

The witches watch them intensely. "You're going to go. Here, take this." Rielle gives him an amulet around his neck. "Come back in one solid piece and you can go home to your family."

"Thank you Rielle." Cairo follows his brother out of the small home.

Very few words are exchanged as the twins head down to where Nia was. "Have you moved her?"

"Yes. She's with Charlotte in the north Cali mountains." Adonis hands him a gun and they sit across from where the stalker was waiting.

"I know why I died." Cairo admits randomly while doing surveillance. Adonis was hoping he'd tell him.

"How?"

"I was going after those pirates for my self-gratification and not for the betterment of the family. I was addicted to the rush and didn't care about family. The excitement and not our safety. I didn't follow my principles anymore. But I'm given a second chance...so I'm gonna stick to it."

Cairo is going through all of the evidence that Adonis had accumulated over the course of the last few weeks.

"Damn...I'm so sorry brother."

"It was nothing you could do. I was flying too fast...and I needed to be stopped. I'm okay now. Is that him?"

"Yeah, that's him." He's coming out of Nia's general area.

"I'm ready." Cairo is calm, even. The pair pull up on the unsuspecting man. They snatch the man up and take him to the waiting warehouse.

"It feels good to be back!" Cairo laughs, while tying the terrified man upside down. "Why you stalking Nia?"

"I'm not stalking anybody."

"So these handwritten notes aren't yours?" Adonis steps in front of him. Cairo stands back and watches. He hands Adonis a gun. "Nobody threatens the Minnelli Family and lives to tell about it. Nobody."

He pulls the trigger.

"I'm still not ready yet." Cairo says on the private plane. Adonis nods his head. "Can you tell Wynnie that I'm alive?"

"Yeah, I will but what should I say when she asks why you're not here?"

"Tell her the truth. I'm recovering."

"Okay, I will do just that." Adonis hugs him again. Cairo walks back in the forest before totally disappearing. Adonis lets a few tears go.

Meanwhile,

Wynnie goes into labor. Surprisingly it's not a hard labor. Almost as if the baby understood something she didn't.

"Push Wynnie! Push!" Missy excitedly urged her.

Ten minutes later, Baby Zolan Cairo Minnelli was born. A calm baby, he was.

Adonis arrived in time to tell her. He waits until the family is gone.

"Cairo is alive. But he's still recovering."

"I know Adonis. But thank you for confirming." She kisses her son. "You should go to Nia..." her eyes are bright. Wynnie is at peace breastfeeding her son. The wait is almost over.

March
Colorado wilderness

Cairo is nearing his full potential all the way around. Mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

"You can go home now, ya know?"

"Yes, I know. But I just can't think of leaving you two here pregnant and alone."

"And this is why you got a second chance." TaMika smiles. Then her water breaks.

"Baby time..." Rielle announces. She gets ready and gets TaMika in the bed to give birth.

"Hopefully she doesn't take long." Cairo stands in the doorway helplessly.

"I need you to deliver the baby!" TaMika ushers him over.

"Fuck! I'm contracting..."

"Hold up! HOLD UP!" Cairo wants to pass out.

"I'm gonna deliver standing up...fuck this." TaMika stands. "Catch her!" a wave pushes the baby down. Rielle lays down on the bed so that her baby could land on the mattress.

"Name her for me." TaMika looks at him. "This is a thank you. You saved her life."

"Mika...I like the name Mika." He looks at Rielle. "And Brielle."

"Mika and Brielle. I like that. I like that a lot." The new mothers smile. "Now, go home."

"Y'all sure?"

"Yes." TaMika reachesfor a hug. "My mother will be here soon. You have done more than enough. Wynnie needs you."