v. THE JUNKYARD

AS THE two take out three buckets of meat from the trunk of Steve's car with Dustin's help, Icarus glances at Dustin walking away. "Well, well, well, look who it is." Dustin spoke and if Icarus didn't see the boy's gear, he would've thought he was crazy and talking to himself, he continues helping Steve take out other stuff that they needed.

"Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon. I'll explain later. Just meet me Steve and Icarus at the old junkyard." Dustin said as Steve puts the bat into his backpack as Icarus puts his own backpack onto his back as well, except it was filled with water he took just incase they got dehydrated and some protein bars. He also had a box of nails and a hammer, and a brand new wooden baseball bat to make another one with nails on it, so he could have a weapon too.

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." Dustin said as Steve closes the trunk. "Okay, let's go." He says so Icarus picks up one of the buckets of meat. "Just be there, stat. Over and out."

As the trio walk down the traintracks, throwing pieces of meat onto the ground, Dustin explained his whole Dart situation to the older teens that were ahead and behind him. Icarus was ahead and Steve was walking shortly behind.

"Alright, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who.. who you just met?" Steve asked and Icarus sighs. "Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin says. "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve says with a genuinely confused look. "An interdimensional slug?" Because it's awesome." Dustin said and Icarus chuckled lightly at that.

"Well, even of she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I.. I just.. I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way too hard." Steve explains to the younger teen. "Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" Dustin says, looking down. "It's not about tje hair, man. The key with girls is just.. just acting like you don't care." Steve says and Icarus tsk'ed, but decided not to interfere seeing how he was not good with girls himself, he broke the heart of the first one who remotely liked him.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asks him. "Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve says and Icarus rolls his eyes. "Then what?" Dustin asked next. "You just wait until, uh.." Steve trails off, looking ahead at Icarus. "Until you feel it.." He says, staring at the back of Icarus' head. "Feel what?" Dustin asked.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know?" Steve said and Icarus just keeps listening. "You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh.. electricity, you know?" Steve said and Icarus smiled at that, rolling his eyes slightly. "Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere—" "No, no, no, no, no. Like a.. like a sexual electricity." Steve says before glancing back over at Icarus.

"Oh," Dustin said to that as Icarus smiled more. "You feel that, and them you make your move." Steve explained to him. "So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin says and Steve holds out his hand. "No, whoa, whoa, slow down, Romeo." Steve says and Icarus chuckles as Dustin apologized.

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a.. I don't know, like a lion." Steve says as Dustin hums in response. "But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a.. Like a ninja." Steve says and Dustin looks up. "What type is Nancy?" He asked which caused Icarus' smile to go away. "Nancy's different. She's different than the other girls." Steve says as Icarus cleared his throat, walking more ahead so he would stop listening in.

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess." Dustin said as Steve looks at Icarus. "Yeah. Yeah, she is.." He says before looking away. "But this girl's special, too, you know. It's just, like, something about her." Dustin explained to him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey." Steve says, stopping to turn to him. "What?" Dustin says as Icarus slowed down, he tried to not listen to the conversation but he keeps listening anyway. "You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asked him.