22

"You haven't heard from him?"Stefan asked from over the phone

Stefan asked from over the phone.
He and Caroline were on the phone, Enzo was on his way to the mental health center, and the other two Salvatore's were trying to break into the Armory. "Nope. Which means, to absolutely no one's surprise, Donovan failed and now Bonnie's huntressing in the wild."
Damon sighed as he and Roman set up gas tanks around the Armory's entrance.
"All right, well, where is she now?"
Stefan asked.
"Coming after one of us. Where else? Weren't you meant to be on a plane?"
Enzo's voice flowed through the phone.
"Speaking of which, be careful."
Roman added in ignoring Damon's eye roll.
"Flights got cancelled because of the storm. Where are you?"
Stefan asked as Roman and Damon walked a good ways away from the homemade bomb.
"I'm in Solution Land, baby. There's a preserved body at the Armory called 'the final Everlasting.' All we have to do is destroy that, Bonster is a monster no more."
Damon grinned as Roman slapped him on the arm with an eye roll.
"But if you kill the Everlasting, Bonnie dies. And so do we, for that matter."
Caroline's worried voice came over the phone as well.
"I've been told differently."
Enzo spoke confidently.
"By who? Someone that wants you dead?"
Caroline asked challengingly.
"A descendent of the people who created Rayna Cruz."
Roman spoke up for his fiancé.
"Yeah, the people who hate us."
Caroline scoffed as Roman shrugged, realizing the girl had a fair point.
"Well, whether we believe them or not, it's Bonnie's only chance Care."
Roman sighed.
"Look best case scenario, we destroy it, everything goes back to normal. Worst case scenario, we all die and Stefan lives to tell the tale of our demise to the lovely Elena."
Damon grinned as Roman slapped his brother once again.
"Are you forgetting about the other problem that's in there?"
Caroline questioned.
"Oh, you mean the ambiguously terrifying monster from the vault? I'm on it. Perhaps once it's less ambiguous, it will be less terrifying."
Enzo sarcastically told Caroline.
"Guys, it doesn't matter. Bonnie sealed the whole Armory. You can't get in."
Stefan sighed.
"Don't tell us what we can't do."
Damon glared at the phone.
"Yeah."
Roman added in.
Without warning Damon blew the gasoline tanks, sending Roman flying backwards.
"Ouch!"
Roman yelled angrily at his brother.

"We can't get in. Plan B. Stefan, call your ex. Obviously, not the one next to you. Valerie. She can siphon the seal."
Damon grinned at Roman as the boy huffed.
"That's great, but I have absolutely no idea where to find her."
"There is a third option. And let me just tell you, it is just adorable. The cutest little Plan Cs you've ever seen."
Damon grinned.
"Hell no!"
Roman exclaimed glaring at his eldest brother.
"All they have to do is walk up to the door and put their tiny little siphon hands on it-"
"No, my kids are staying out of this, Damon."
"It's for Bonnie!"
Damon hissed into the phone.
"No, it's for us. So that we don't have to run anymore. And that is not a good enough excuse to involve my children in this mess."
Caroline told him sternly.
"You know these scars that we have link her to us, huh? She can probably hear what we're saying right now."
Damon pointed out as Roman sighed.
"We'll find Valerie."
"Whatever, bro."