Injuries

Author's Note: Everyone knows Ashiya straight up cares for Abeno. What if Abeno also cared for Ashiya? Technically speaking, (spoiler alert), in one of the chapters, Abeno looks genuinely scared for Ashiya. Hmmmmmmmm...... This can end it two results, one leading to another. If you do not like shipping, just read to the second author's note of this chapter(this being the first).

     Spiked pelt glistening in the moonlight, the shadow launched right at the blue haired boy, who leaned against a rock, laboring breaths as his eyes glistened with fear and pain. Seeping through the shirt, blood tainted the ground as he was thrown into a rock, as his blue eyes lighted with searing pain. Falling to the floor, he struggled to remain conscious as his vision blurred, and blood trickled onto the grass.

     Ashiya!

     Racing towards the blood soaked boy, he witnessed the Yokai's fangs, angled downwards.

     "Gn...." blood poured out of the bite, leaving another nasty flesh wound on the employee.

     "Ashiya!"

     Drifting away, the Yokai disappeared, leaving the both boys utterly devastated. The boy's blueish hair was tainted with dark red, and his arms were smothered in the substance.

     Please!

     Kneeling down next to his employee, he knew he had to stop the bleeding. Fuzzy ran inside the Mononokean, then returned outside, with bandages and disinfecting wipes on it's back. It seemed scared, and the aura if gave the Mononokean Master shocked him.

     Carefully disinfecting and wrapping up the wounds, he slowed the bleeding to an almost complete stop. Moving his unconscious employee would reopen the wounds, so he'd have to wait for a while. Lucky for them, the area was deserted, with a little stream of freshwater funneling away nearby.

     The Hairball went inside the Mononokean, and slept, with nightmares taunting it consistently. Ashiya and Abeno were stuck outside, until the wounds dried. Wrapping his arms around Ashiya, he pulled him closer.

     "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..." he whispered, tears slipping onto his cheeks,"I could have done something... yet I didn't..."

     The Mononokean Master closed his eyes and silently wept. Blood had been shed, and so much of it. All of it being his employee's.

-flashback-

     "Confront the damn Yokai yourself!"

     "Fine! I will!"

     Little did he know blood would be shed.

-flashback ends-

     The darkness in him faded, as he woke to a dreadful scene. The lush green grass, smeared with dried blood. Wincing, he felt a jab of pain through his arm and abdomen, and flinched.

     He felt someone next to him flinch, and instantly snapped into his senses. He snatched him closer and gripped him tighter, never wanting to let go.

     "I'm so sorry..."

Author's Note: This is the end of the story if you do not want to read the Abeshiya part. I thought it would be good to add an Abeshiya part, but this originally was not supposed to have shipping, so here is where the story ends if you do not like the shipping part of it. Keep going if you ship them together. So here's a long ending space if you ended here.

    He felt the sapphire blue eyes look at him, and warmth flooded into him. But what happened next, happened in just a flash. He felt some press their lips against his. The person retraced, and the person looked at him with interest.

     "I forgive you. No one would have expected this to happen Abeno-san."

     "A-Ashiya..."

     He returned the favor before the two retreated to the Mononokean. A delighted Hairball ran up to Ashiya and shuffled into him, as the Mononokean cheerfully greeted the boy. In the end, the two met each other's gaze with loving eyes.

Author's note: Oh geez, I was going to put the word kiss, but I didn't want to. Now I feel horrible. I love the story, but it kind of worries me, if that makes any sense. It's sappy, too fluffy, but I love the story! Ugh, forgive me, I have sinned, and will continue to.