He's Fluffy, Furry, And Wait, What is He Saying? (Abeshiya Week Day 4)

Prompt: Furriessssssss
NOW KILL ME

Soft, smooth, silky to touch, and fluffy. All words that can be used to describe it.

These are the words he thinks about when he strokes the brush through the tail that lay in his lap. The fur follows the direction of the brush, smoothing out all of the ruffles and tangles within it.

"I thought you brush your fur out daily, why are there so many tangles?"

"Hmph! It's not as easy as it looks okay? I can't reach behind my back Abeno-san!"

"Of course you can't idiot. That's why you asked me."

"Then why are you questioning it?!"

Before he could continue, Abeno pulled him down until he was laying on his own tail. Without a second thought he started combing the back of Ashiya's ears.

"You're annoying."

"H-hey!"

He continued to gently run the brush down the tufts of fur until he finally pulled out all the remaining tangles.

"It's done, Hanae."

"Can I fluff it out now?!"

He's so eager to do that.

"Sure."

Ashiya didn't give a second glance before he shook out his fur, letting the unscraped clumps of fur fall to the ground messily.

"Ah, I forgot about that."

"Of course you did."

"Meanie."

He stuck out his tongue and flattened his ears, before turning away to make a phone call.

"Who are you calling?"

"My friends."

"M'kay."

He looked at Ashiya with eyes of wonder. How did that long plush tail sway so smoothly when he walked, how did his eyes flicker back and forth so elegantly, and how did his hair fluff up gently whenever he laughed-

Wait what.

A few words broke him out of his thought process.

"I'm going out now, I'll be back in a bit!"

What was he doing? Was he just making a story about how elegant his boyfriend was? No no no no no no. That can't be right. Plus, he was sure over half of the things he said were incorrect. Right?

He had to find out for himself.

He put on his not normal attire which consisted of a t-shirt and jeans and headed out. He had little to no idea where Ashiya had darted off to and he was very impatient. Until he heard a small ding on his phone.

"I'm at the nearby park, and I'll be back in an hour or two." it read.

Simple enough. Even though he took the Mononokean around town over 90% of the time that didn't mean he didn't know where the park was, of course not. He wandered down the streets and turned who knows how many corners until a grassy field came into view. This park was a popular spot for people to hang out in, and was out in the open too.

Ashiya went to hang out with friends. Ashiya went to hang out with friends. Ashiya considered him more than a friend. Ashiya considered him as someone to love. He didn't want to disrupt whatever he was doing. Besides, he wasn't really supposed to follow him anyways.

Well, he wasn't a stalker per say...

He decided that the best course of action would be to walk around the edges of the park to see if he could spot him. That way he wouldn't be disruptive, and Ashiya wouldn't notice him. It would be a piece of cake.

To start off his "quest" he traveled to the sidewalk that somewhat outlined the shape of the park. It wasn't too big, but big enough to sustain plenty of people if a gathering or party was held. Benches littered the sides of the sidewalk, and it was obvious that some, if not most, seats were taken.

It may have been harder than he thought.

Then again, Ashiya was really the only one with a plush, dark midnight blue, tail. He circled around the park for lord knows how long until he came up on three people sitting on a bench enjoying some sandwiches. Sneaking a peak at those around him, he slowly walked over, careful of keeping a safe distance between him and Ashiya.

Now what was I thinking earlier?

His tail?

Yeah it's fluffy, soft, warm, cuddly-

He was wrong. He was wrong all along. Ashiya wasn't just a fluffy little fox, he was an adorable fox with a plush tail and ears that swayed in the breeze- and wait what the hell did he just find out?

"Abeno-san?"

Well now he's been spotted.

"Oh hey..."

"Is something wrong?

Abeno shook his head, before realizing that Ashiya had completely ditched his friends to help him.

"Oh, uh, nothing."

Ashiya tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, just before flicking his tail and giving him a hearty stare.

"You're not wearing the same shirt you wore this morning."

"What?"

Ah shit his cover is truly blown.

"You're scent stood out. You never go to the park, so I was curious on why you were here."

He was doomed.

"Ah-uh-"

"Are you okay?"

His eyes widened and those bright blue pupils stared back at him in awe.

"Abeno-san?"

Too cute.

All he remembered was falling into someone's arms.

    "Abeno-san!"