Let Me Down Slowly

Author's Note: I am aware it's been over a MONTH since I've posted! Ouch... I'll try to stay updated! I've rewritten this part twice, and I did cut this shorter than I originally intended to, but all for good costs! (I hope). Yes, I am finishing this. I have a storyline. This won't be abandoned. This chapter looked so much longer in the google doc... So please, do enjoy! Yes, I'm still working on the longer story I mentioned. I am.
"Itsuki? Are you alrigh-"

He slammed the door shut behind him. Staring at the ground, he felt the door dissipate behind him. He slumped to the ground, burying his head in his knees. The tears he had held back had finally started to fall, slowly dripping onto the tiled floor of his apartment. All he could hear was his fluttering heartbeat and the sounds of his tears, hitting the floor. He could hear the tiny patters of the hairball as he trembled, shaking with fear. Through his puffy eyes, he stared at something in the corner of the room. With flower carvings engraved onto the wood, his eyes fell on the guitar that he hadn't played in ages. He heaved himself to his feet, and trudged over, gently picking up the guitar. He smiled softly and let his body do the rest.

"Could you find a way to let me down slowly? A little sympathy I hope you can show me~ If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely; if you're leaving baby let me down slowly~"

Suddenly, he heard a light scratch on his door. He walked over, guitar still in hand.

"Hairball?"

"Itsuki, what happened?"

He now knew how clear it was that he'd been crying. Sighing, he muttered something before turning around to shut the door behind him. He just needed to be alone. He needed to calm down his racing heart. He wanted to do something special for himself just this one day. Just to sing and let all the worries melt away. He didn't want to go to the Mononokean the next day. He didn't want to be interrogated by the scroll's questions. He didn't want to hear it's bothersome ringing. Nonetheless, it was his job, and he had no choice.

"We have a job today."

"I'm aware, and what does our client want?"

The scroll paused, before continuing,"just a visit, and that's all. We are just discussing about something else."

Abeno could tell the Mononokean could see right through his act. It's all a mask. It's all an act. One that could fall apart at any moment.

"Something happened yesterday. Don't try to hide it Itsuki. I know something happened to Hanae. Tell us."

Mindlessly staring at the floor, he blankly glanced at the scroll, sadness lingering in his usually bright eyes. He couldn't bring himself to say, and it pained him to do so.

"He-"

Ripping open the door behind him, he turned and fled to the comfort of his room, tears hitting the tatami mats behind him. He couldn't. He just couldn't. The thought, the feeling, the emotions; they were all too much to bear.

He sat in silence, until a ring broke the tension. Pulling his head from his knees, he glanced over his bed, to see a call.

"Am I speaking to-"

Author's Note #2: Yes, I deliberately did not say Abeshiya/no Abeshiya on the title. Find out in the upcoming chapter(s)!