CHAPTER 1. To Meet

A/N: sorry for the length and thanks for reading

"Come on Bakubro you can't tell me that you are not the tiniest bit interested. You have to feel the slightest urge to know just who it is we are guarding for old Icy Hot?"

Kirishima jabbed an elbow into his longtime best friend's side, causing the ash blond to growl. The two wore their full hero gear and had just finished their second round of scouting the perimeter. Just like the last four nights there wasn't anything to report. "I mean come on, he was off in America for five or six years uh whatever. Anyway now he's back, and so uptight that I'm sure any minute a diamond is gonna pop out of his butt! And come on you can't tell me you haven't noticed the secrecy of this whole job. It's suspicious as fuck." Kirishima shook his head at his scowling friend. The blond alpha didn't reply he only glared.

The Todoroki estate was vast and surrounded by natural barriers, a dense forest, some rocky hills and a deep valley with a beautiful river that flowed from the ice capped mountains cutting a path through the quiet valley.

They had been hired to keep the large mansion safe, it was odd that they were to only scout the outside area. The monotoned Shoto had been oddly firm about just where any of the hired heros were allowed to venture within the mansion.

The only time they were allowed inside the old museum like dwelling was at the end of their shift, a time spent giving a quick report to main security. Just a bunch of quirkless extras in Bakugou's eyes.

The always aloft Shoto met them just inside his study taking their report after they handed in a written one to a quirkiness nobody that headed the house security. The pompous bastard Todoroki was stoic and devoid of expression as usual however he had a territorial scent around him. And the ever observant Ground Zero could read a wariness in the two toned alpha. He looked thiner, maybe he was burned out not that Bakugou fucking cared.

The heros that the agency hired on for body guard duty were top five, and Kirishima was annoyingly curious with each passing night.

"I said don't ever call me that again. And I could give a fuck who it is we are protecting." The blond alpha snarled shoving his friend back.

"It's just weird that Shoto doesn't hire his own agency. I mean he did leave to America to open his own highly praised agency. His family also ran one in Japan although I did hear it was closed down." The red head sighed at his friend's huff of irritation, this didn't stop Red Riot from continuing on . "Rumor has it his own omega was kidnapped and when he got his poor mistress back the omega wasn't exactly left in tact. So he's got the poor bastard locked up here in that mansion somewhere. I even heard he has a pup-"

"I said I don't give a fuck! It's none of our fucking buisness we have one job and as far as I'm concerned we've done it, and I'm fucking ready to go. Now let's just get the report over with. Damn shitty hair! I fucking don't have the urge to be around Icy Hot any longer than we have to. I wouldn't have taken this fucking mission if I hadn't been order! "

The volatile blond clenched his fists at his sides. He refused to ask the Elsa bitch about Deku. He didn't need one more fucking reminder of his failures. His heart didn't want or need to know what the greenette was up to. Fuck everyone.

Bakugo had learned to calm his temper these last five years, ever since-. He pushed the flash of memory that haunted him when he wasn't busy. The hero didn't want to think of him, not right now, not ever again. If there was a quirk to erase Deku from Bakugo's memory the blond would not hesitate to be inflicted by such a quirk.

The duo were nearly at their destination when the boom of thunder closely followed by the crackle of lightening rattled closer than usual. Thunder and lightening never bothered either hero but the doors of Todoroki's study were flung open.  The red and white alpha appeared his eyes focused on the left wing anxiety with concern saturated the air thick and acrid it violated Ground Zero's nose. The blond growled his instinct to high alert his muscles and mind on edge.