CHAPTER 8 Lift

Izuku slowly made his way out to the garden, the fresh air felt good on his bruisyed and healing skin He closed his eyes and faced the warmth of the sun, a slight breeze sent a chill through him but he welcomedyyy it all, the scent of fresh cut grass and the slow trickle of the water's just to the left of the tree he was sitting under.

The Todoroki estate was gorgeous and the perfect country get away, he remembered walking these same grounds with Todoroki Rei before she passed, those last days she had been so happy and at peace.

This place didn't hold any bad memories according to her, this was where her children had spent summer away from the city and their overbearing father. Although her youngest wasn't allowed to spend too much time with his siblings back then, a regret that weighed heavily on her weakened heart.

However Shoto reassured her he had no ill will towards her over the past, and the two spent countless hours in their own company silent but warm. This was a character trait Izuku had learned early on that his friend obviously inherited from his mother.

The hybrid pro hero always knew just when to speak and when to just allow Izuku to soak up the warm reassurance of his friend's quiet company. His recovering body felt exhausted from the small stroll from his room in the right wing through the gardens to this very nice comfortable high backed stone bench.

This frustrated him, waiting to heal was taking too long, he felt weak and it ate at him daily. Physical therapy was achingly slow paced. However he had been reminded over and over it was to help heal the damaged nerves in his arms and legs.

True to his word Shoto kept Izuku in the loop never leaving him out of any updates or reports on Hisashi's possible wear abouts and the sightings. It had been hard facing Enji-san or otou-san as he pushed. That was always a big surprise when the man had demanded a very pregnant Izuku call him dad.

The number one hero had thought his son was having a baby with the greenette and keeping it all a secret out of spite but after much convincing the man finally believed Izuku that Shoto was his best friend. Besides at that time the omega was trying to repair the father son bond that was nearly completely severed. The two were both in pain over the loss of Todoroki Rei.

It seems now Enji-san felt it's his turn to help Midoryia, he had disclosed to the injured pro hero that All might had often mentioned Midoryia with fondness and pride. "My boy Izuku". The Symbol of Peace had always thought of Izuku as his son, he confessed as much before his passing.

Enji had told Izuku that was another thing on a long list of regrets he had, Endeavor had spent so much time trying to beat his rival he missed out on time he could have spent embracing friendship learning from and more about his once classmate. The semi retired pro hero was determined to make it up to his fallen comrade by taking the man's surrogate son under his wing.

Izuku didn't need anyone's protection, he needed to get off his butt and heal. He would find that bastard Hisashi and bring him to justice. The traitor would pay for what he did to Katsumi. The omega hero wasn't afraid of what the monster could do, he had survived the worst of it, he was prepared for any outcome. This time he didn't have to hold back, because Katsumi was safe. No one would touch him here. The therapist did recommend Deku stay out of this fight and leave it to his friends, friends who cared very much about him. The emerald eyed hero hated those sessions and at the same time wanted them. He wasn't stupid he knew he had PTSD, who wouldn't, and he wanted to confront his demons head on.

It's just not all demons needed to be taken on right now, he had his priorities and getting past the fact that more than one alpha in a room scent the treacherous omega in him into a panic. Izuku was back at square one, he felt like a teenager all over again! He wasn't weak, he had made it this far in his career in his life, he was a single parent he was someone to lean on not some weakling. The bruises were fading but the nightmares kept Izuku awake some nights, the feel of Hisashi's hot breath on his neck, the horror of being paralyzed by that drug, the forced heat and the sounds of son being tortured. All of it haunted the greenette, especially Katsumi's helpless pleas.