ix. THE PLAN 2.0

THE RIDE to the farm was short, Icarus drove fast down the road in hopes that Steve won't wake up on the way there. And thankfully he didn't, but once he parked in front of the hole, he looks behind him to see Steve waking up slowly. "Hey Stevie," he said with a grin as Chris who was in the passenger seat with Max also look back.

"Um, so, we're doing the plan." Icarus quickly said before he got out of the car, pushing the seat front so Mike could get out. "What?! What? No!" Steve said as Dustin and Lucas got out on the other side. Icarus ignores his protests as he opens the trunk, grabbing all the supplies, handing goggles and bandanas to each of the four kids.

He hands one of each to Chris as well, putting on a pair of goggles himself then putting a bandana around his neck which he ties at the back of his neck. "Guys.." Steve says as he stumbles out the car, groaning. "Icarus!" He shouts, leaning against the open door as Mike walks to the front of the car. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Steve asked as Mike walked by him and Icarus sighs.

They all continue to ignore him, "we are not going down there right now, I made myself clear." Steve said loudly as Chris helps Mike with the rope at the front of the car. "Hey! There's no chance we're going to that hole, alright?" Steve says as he looks at Icarus who took out the tanks of gas.

"Rus!" Steve shouted as he runs to the back of the car, as Dustin, Lucas and Chris walked away. "Steve." Icarus said, grabbing his arms to keep him in one place, holding him. "I know you promised Nancy to keep the kids safe, and I'll also keeping that promise by going down there with them.. It's either you stay here, in the car like a little pouting girl who was told no ice cream. Or you be a man and come down in the hole with us. Your fucking choice, but the latter wil be the one that will make you super hot to me." Icarus says before holding out Steve's backpack towards him.

"Fine.." Steve whispers as he looks back at Icarus who smirked at him. "But why is Chris coming with us?" Steve suddenly asked him as Icarus shuts the trunk of the car. "Don't worry about it." He says as he walks past Steve who sighs. He doesn't even realize Steve is mostly asking out of jealousy as he stands beside Chris, "come on. Let's go." He said and the kids start heading into the hole before he could. He sighs, shaking his head slightly.

Once all the kids were down, Icarus looks at Chris as Steve went down into the hole, looking both ways as he got onto the ground. "You don't have to come if you don't want to.. You can stay in the car.." He says and Chris looks at him. "No, no, I'll come with.." He says as he shakes his head.

"If I stay in the car, I'll just be worried about Max.." He says and Icarus nods before he goes in next, jumping down to Steve who grabs him. "You okay?" He asked and Icarus simply nods.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way!" Mike called out as Chris climbed down next. "You're pretty sure or you're certain?" Dustin asked. "I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know!" Mike said, about to walk ahead but then Steve spoke, "whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so." He said before walking over to the teenage boy.

"Any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit?" Steve says, now standing in front of him and grabbing the paper before looking to the others. "From here on out, I'm leading away. Rus, honeybunch, stay in the back, for safety reasons. Come on, let's go." He says and Icarus' whole face heated up at the nickname.

"Honeybunch?" Dustin giggled like a little girl at Icarus who raised his hand and pushed him. "Just go!" He says before they started to run through the tunnels, following Steve.

"So what was that about?" Chris asked as he walks in the back with Icarus. "What?" Icarus says as he looks at him. "Honeybunch?" Chris chuckled and Icarus sighs. "It's just an inside joke.." He said, still blushing as he thinks of the petname.