Eight

Thursday - 3:15 pm

"Choose something," Emma instructs me.

I look through what she's put down for me to try. It mostly consists of cropped t-shirts and short shorts. I pick up a mini skirt.

"It's not really my style," I say, holding the skirt up to show Emma.

"But it would look amazing on you, and we are dressing to impress. Try it on!"

"No thanks," I reply as I put it back down and continue my search. After a few seconds, I get up and walk to her closet.

"What are you doing?" Emma questions.

"I'm trying to find some pants," I reply, looking through one shelf.

"But there are pants here." She whines.

I turn around. "Those," I point to the pair of shorts that she's holding, "Are not pants. They're hardly shorts." I walk back to her bed, a pair of black high waisted leggings in hand. Emma huffs and mumbles something under her breath. I ignore her and I start looking through the pile again.

I eventually pull out a bright yellow cropped tank top. I only chose it so that Emma would be happy with what I'm wearing.

"Can I try it on?" I ask her. Emma nods and I walk over to her bathroom. I lock the door behind me and I slip out of the clothes I'm wearing. Emma and I wear the same sized clothes, which is a relief in times like this. I put on the clothes that I picked out and look at myself in the mirror.

"Are you done yet? I wanna see what you look like." Emma calls from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, one second." I gather my uniform and unlock the door. As I step out, Emma gasps.

"Wow! You look amazing."

I smile. "Thanks. You look incredible too."

Emma really did look incredible. She was wearing a salmon pink singlet and shorts, showing a small amount of her midriff.

"Now for shoes!" She says excitedly.

"Emma, it's fine. I have shoes at home. I'll decide which ones to wear by myself."

"Fine Isla."

I take my phone out of my bag and look at the time.

"Shit, I should go. My parents are gonna kill me if I'm not home in the next 20 minutes." I run back into the bathroom and change into my uniform. When I leave, I go to my bag and stuff my clothes in. "I'll text you later. Thanks for the clothes."

"Okay, bye Isla."

I take my bag and leave her house, starting to run to mine. I have 15 minutes before my parents go mental. Why does my house have to be 30 minutes away?

~

I've realised that this story gets more boring with each chapter

Idk what I can do to make it interesting

If you have any ideas, please comment them

I don't wanna write something that no one enjoys

So yeah please comment and vote

(edited)