Nineteen

*Isla*

Sunday - 2:38 pm

Lunch was awkward.

Although there was plenty of conversation, I didn't say a word.

My mother had decided that Ruel and I should sit beside each other, and she refused to let me seat myself anywhere else.

This led to me being kicked the whole meal.

The boy beside me knew he was annoying me, and whenever I glared at him I could see a triumphant smirk on his lips.

I hated it.

The fact that I had been obsessing over him just a week ago made me gag.

He was the complete opposite of what I had imagined him to be.

Eventually, I excused myself and left to the restroom to calm myself.

I wanted to scream.

I could hear the laughter coming from the dining room, my father having just made a joke.

There will never be a good time to rejoin the group.

With this in mind, I open the door and walk around the corner, only to be faced with Ruel's chest.

I double over, trying to make sure my heart was still beating.

"Oh my god, you scared me!" I wheezed out.

"And why is that exactly?"

"Why the fuck do you think?" I look up, immediately making eye contact with him. He's smiling, but quickly goes back to the bored expression he had been wearing for the past two hours.

We stand there, looking into each other's eyes for a solid five seconds before I look away, pushing past him and striding back to the table.

I hate eye contact.

A/N:
so
it's been awhile
and i apologise
if you're still with me, thank you
x