Thirteen

Thursday - 8:04 am

"Goodmorning Isla." My mom bounces through the kitchen, looking way happier than anyone should be before 10 AM, especially on a Thursday.

"Morning," I reply sleepily, still not completely awake despite having woken up an hour and a half before. I eat my bowl of cereal at the kitchen table as I watch my mom make toast. She sits down across from me and smiles.

"Are you okay?" I ask with a somewhat confused expression on my face.

"Of course!" She beams. "I just have some exciting news. A friend of mine is coming over on Sunday for dinner."

"Oh. Who is it?"

"We were best friends in high school. We were inseparable. She's coming with her family; her husband and two kids. They're actually about your age, maybe a tad bit older." She continues, completely ignoring my question. I roll my eyes, being used to this. I quickly finish my breakfast and head off to school.

+

Thursday - 11:12 am

I make my way to the courtyard, trying to find someone from my last class when someone grabs my arm and turns me around. I am met with the smiling face of Jason.

"Hey," I greet him, taking a small step backwards to widen the gap between us. I hate standing really close to people I don't really know.

"Hi. I wanted to ask you what you're doing this weekend." He tells me.

"Not a whole lot. Why are you asking?"

"Ah, just wondering, ya know?"

"Oh, okay then." I smile, not knowing what else to say to make this less awkward.

"Can I ask you something?" Jason says, his smile fading to give way to a more nervous expression.

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Um, no. I don't."

His smile comes back, wider than before. "Oh, okay. Cool."

+

A/N:

So is it true that painkiller is being released in the next few weeks? And/or Real Thing?

I saw something about it and I didn't know what to do

So yeah

This chapter is longer and I'm tired

Night

x