Eighteen

*Ruel*

Sunday - 1:54 pm

"Who pissed in your cereal?"

I was in a mood and feeling things, and I didn't want to talk about it - so I flip her off.

Isla rolls her eyes and turns back to the keyboard, leaving me a view of the back of her head.

She started to play a few chords before she turned to me.

"Have a suggestion?"

"If I wanted to hear something I would listen to the original recorded copy, not you."

"I would really love to insult you back, but I'm afraid I won't do as well as nature did."

I was about to reply but was interrupted by the door swinging open.

Isla's mother stuck her head into the room to tell us that lunch was ready, and Isla instantly jumped up and followed her when she left.

Huffing, I follow them to the living room where I find my family.

Sylvie had managed to get out of this, and I now wish I had done the same thing. I hadn't expected to see the girl from the concert ever again, and the fact that she was here made me nervous.

I already know that I've ruined my chance to have a good relationship with Isla, and I'm really regretting my choices today.

But it's too late to change now, so I'm better off staying the same.

"Ruel, write down what you're thinking." I snap out of the trance that I didn't know I was in to find Coco in front of me, holding a piece of paper and a pencil.

"It's no use."

"But it is! You've been low on inspiration, and at this rate, anything could be used."

"But maybe I don't want to use this."

A slamming door made us shut up. I turned around to see two people that I hadn't seen before walk through the front door - a man and a girl.

The man had the same hair colour as Isla, just with more grey.

The girl looked identical to Isla's mother, making me assume that these people were her sister and father.

Isla and her mother greeted them before introducing them to my family.

"-and this is Ruel."

I smile and shake the hand of the man, Eric.

"Is this the boy you were talking about the other day?" Eric asks Isla.

Isla looks like she wants to be sucked into the void. I smile slightly at her expression.

"Yeah, this is him."