Twenty Five

Tuesday - 5:54 pm

"Can't you help me?"

"Your father asked you, not me."

I give Ruel my signature death glare.

"Please Ruel." I beg. "I can't do it by myself."

"You're such a wuss."

I roll my eyes, but he begins to help me carry the mattress upstairs, so I don't complain.

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it."

"Shut up."

"So, where exactly should we put this?" I ask, more to myself than to Ruel, but he responds anyway.

"How about you put it in the corner?"

"The corner of what?"

"Your room."

I genuinely sort of think about his suggestion for a second, only to be interrupted by a rather uncalled-for comment.

"Or we could share the actual bed. I wouldn't be complaining."

For some unknown reason, his words take me by surprise and I feel my cheeks glow a deep shade of pink.

I scoff, trying to keep my cool image. "I would rather sleep beside Donald Trump than beside you."

"Ooh, what a burn!" He remarks sarcastically. "Too bad I've had snappier comebacks from a bowl of rice crispies."

The look on his face is dead serious.

There's a knock on the door and we both look to it, finding my mother standing there.

"Hello Ruel dear, how are you?"

Wow, thanks for the acknowledgement mom.

"I'm very well, thank you Mrs Johnson. How are you?"

"I'm well. And please, call me Liz."

I cough in an attempt to gain attention, and thankfully it works. They both look to me.

"Um, where should we put the mattress?" I ask, wanting to make sure that I don't do the wrong thing.

"In the corner should be good."

I glance at Ruel, seeing a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. I mentally huff.

"Okay."

My mother leaves, and I start to move the mattress to the corner.

"My ideas are always the best."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

A/N:

i tried to make this longer, so i apologise if it became boring

and i created ANOTHER ruel fanfic, so if you wanna check that out, it's called 'New - Ruel Van Dijk'

okay bye