Twenty Seven

It's been over two weeks since our late night chat, and we've become amazingly good friends.

We trust each other with an alarming amount, and I honestly think I know more about Ruel than I know about Emma, and that's saying something.

But since it's getting closer to the end of the year, my parents are remembering an old task they set for themselves.

They had decided, maybe 3 or 4 years ago that when the year came that I start college, we would move.

They don't have a reason for it, but they had decided already where to go, and there's no getting out.

Not even for me.

So this meant that we were approaching the end of my time in Sydney.

From what I've collected, we're moving to Canberra, a three and a half hour drive from Sydney.

Due to this change, I'm being forced to look at colleges in Canberra that I will attend for the next two years.

I also have to say goodbye to my friends.

And to top it all off, Irys is staying. She happens to be old enough to live by herself, and has been saving up for the past 5 years.

We still have three months, but I'm already feeling the stress of the move.

And I hate it.

Saturday - 12:01 pm

"Ruel, are you free?"

"No."

"Can you come over anyway?"

"No."

"But it's an emergency."

I hear him sigh.

"Fine, I'm coming."

A couple minutes later, Ruel was knocking on my door.

"What's the emergency?"

"I need to tell you something important."

"And that makes it an emergency?"

"Yes, it does. Now come in."

He walks past me to the studio, somehow knowing that it's unlocked.

I follow him and close the door behind me.

I turn around to find Ruel staring at me.

"So what's so important?"

"Um, I'm actually moving."

"Oh, cool. Where to?"

"Canberra."

Any trace of excitement or happiness on his face is replaced by shock. I look away. I wanted to cry.

"You mean, like, -?" His voice is barely above a whisper.

"I mean I'm leaving Sydney."

"Oh."

A/N:

i just wanted to point out that i have this one teacher that looks like a mix between chris pratt and post malone

lowkey kinda cool