Twenty Three

Tuesday - 5:36 pm

We had been sitting on opposite ends of the couch, not wanting to be too close to each other.

By the start of the second movie (the emperor's new groove), we had inched closer, and we were now little more than an arm away from one another.

I felt eyes on me, but I ignored it, not wanting to miss anything in the movie. It was actually a lot better than I remembered it to be.

But, as anyone could imagine, trying to ignore an attractive 16 year old boy is a lot easier said than done.

I turn my head to the side, making eye contact with Ruel.

He swiftly focuses his attention to the film.

"Who's staring now?" I remark. His face goes blood red, making me laugh.

He runs his fingers through his hair, sighing lightly.

I fix my eyes back onto the movie, taking in everything I can.

"You smell like coconut."

I look at Ruel with the most confused / concerned expression I can manage. "Why are you smelling me?"

He obviously realises what he said as he begins to look incredibly embarrassed. Again. "Oh shit, sorry. I didn't mean it in, like, a weird way. I just meant that you, like, smell nice."

"I mean, at least I don't smell bad."

A/N:

i don't want to rush the events in this, so imma rethink my strategy for this

also

face to face is a bop

and i'm still comprehending the thing with ecaf

but that's fine

and also

i'm going to start writing new stories that i will publish once this story is done

so be ready

x