Miraculous Four

Marinette clenched a fist. What does she want? She's already gotten her job back.

But she stood up. "I'll be back, Alya." And she started following Emma as they both walked away from the confused Alya.

"What do you want?!" Marinette folded her arms in annoyance.

"Cat Noir doesn't want me to be Ladybug!" She growled. "Unfortunately he's gotten head over heels for you."

"And what do you want me to do about that?" Marinette had to admit, she did feel a bit moved that Cat Noir had chose her over Emma. And she felt relieved as well.

"I want you to tell him that he should love me!" Emma yelled. "He can't have you. I am Ladybug after all, and I heard Cat Noir loved Ladybug."

Marinette frowned. "Tell him to love you? That's nonsense."

"It's not!" Emma fought back. "Tell him that he needs to forget about you. Of course you're going to have to tell in your civilian form. Besides, I don't want you touching my earrings again."

Marinette looked down as she thought about it. It's just telling Cat Noir to like her, and move on from me. What's the deal in that?

Why does she even want me to do that? Is she jealous that Cat Noir loves me but not her? I can't force Cat Noir to like her.

"Hurry up and say yes!" Emma gritted her teeth. "All you have to do is tell Cat Noir that he should move on to me. Tell him that I'll make a better Ladybug. Tell him that you're a useless Ladybug anyway."

Marinette couldn't help but feel angry at that. "I'm not a useless Ladybug!" She felt better after she told Emma that.

"Whatever..." Emma rolled her eyes. "Just tell him what I told you, and everything will be fine. Besides, if you don't do it... You know what's going your way."

Marinette gasped when she said that. Of course. She's going to release the secret. I need to be careful.

Adrien had caught them talking. He had heard his name, Cat Noir, and had decided to check out what the girls were talking about.

"Hey ladies." He waved, and only Emma waved back. Marinette still looked down as she thought more about what Emma had just asked her to do. "Are you okay, Marinette?"

"Yes, she's fine," Emma quickly answered for her as Marinette lifted her head up. "We're just talking..."

"About Cat Noir?"

"Yes," Emma replied with a smile. "About Cat Noir."

"So what about him?" Adrien got interested. I wonder what they were saying about me.

But Marinette doesn't look so good. She looks so uncomfortable. What happened between her and Emma?

"We were talking about how we would react if Cat Noir came and talked to us face to face," Emma finally answered. "You know... Just what normal girls would talk about."

"Yeah..." Marinette finally looked at him with a small smile. "Just talking about Cat Noir and nothing else important."

She's lying. I know she is.

"Anyway, I'll talk to you later Emma." Marinette started walking away. "See you two later." She gave them a weak wave and ran off.

"Don't mind her," Emma still had on her smile as she started walking away from Adrien as well. "She's just tired."

But Adrien didn't believe that.

-

"Where were you?" Nathalie asked as soon as Adrien walked inside the mansion. "Gorilla came to pick you up but you weren't there."

Here we go again... Adrien rolled his eyes. "I was talking to a few friends. I didn't know Gorilla came to pick me up."

"Let it not happen the next time," Nathalie warned.

Adrien nodded. "Anyway, Nathalie?"

"Yes, Adrien?"

"Can I ask you for something?" Adrien looked up at her. "It's very important."

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Can you... Do a little investigation on Marinette and this girl, Emma?"