Miraculous Five

"Can you... Do a little investigation on Marinette and this girl, Emma?"

Nathalie looked at him, confused. "Why? Did those two do something?"

No, but I feel like they did. They've been acting weird around me, so I know something is up!

"Alright fine, I'll get to it," Nathalie finally agreed when she saw Adrien was not going to answer. "But give me a little bit more information about this girl, Emma."

So Adrien started telling her what he knew about Emma.

-

Adrien looked back at the girl that fiddled with the pencil in her hand. "Hey, Marinette are you okay?"

Marinette looked up, and gave him a small smile. "I'm fine. It's just that this question is too hard."

"I can help you with it," already Adrien was standing up from his seat before Marinette could say no.

I know she's lying. Marinette is the smartest girl I know, I've never heard her say a question was too hard for her.

But still he helped her with it. If Marinette was really getting nervous because of a question, then does that mean if I help her, she's going to stop being nervous?

"And that's how you do it," he finally finished. "It's that easy."

"Wow, thank you, Adrien," Marinette smiled at him, but he noticed her hand still shaking. Deciding to leave it at that, Adrien went back to his seat, confused.

After school, Adrien noticed Nathalie waiting for him. She got out of the limo and walked up to him.

"Just point to me where Emma and Marinette are, and I'll begin the investigation," she said.

"What investigation?" Adrien jumped at the sudden voice that came behind them. It was Alya, being on her protective best friend mode again.

"I heard Marinette's name. What do you plan on doing to her?!" She folded her arms, waiting for one of them to answer.

"Ah, it's nothing to worry about," Adrien answered. "I-I just feel like Marinette might be in trouble. She's been very weird lately."

"Oh yeah, I noticed," Alya said. "Like how she didn't even come to me for help, but went to you instead. This can only mean one thing!"

"What?"

"That Marinette is ready." To confess to you!

"Ready to do what?" Now Adrien was the confused one, but Alya just walked away, having a huge smile on her face. He turned back to Nathalie. "I don't know, but maybe we also need to do an investigation on Alya."

"Were you serious, or was it sarcasm?" Nathalie questioned.

"It's fine, I was just kidding." Then he turned around when he heard a familiar person groan. Marinette and Emma both stepped out of the school, each giving glares at one another.

Pfft, these two aren't friends! There's something going on between them, and I'm going to find out!

-

She keeps bothering me. Passing notes to me that reminded me I wasn't Ladybug anymore. Notes that also reminded me to talk to Cat Noir.

Marinette angrily stepped out of the school, Emma behind her, blabbering one about how she couldn't get her Ladybug job back even if she tried.

She's even worse than Chloe!

Marinette started running down the stairs. She bumped her arm into someone, but she didn't look back to see who it was. Instead she muttered an apology and kept running, before she was sure Emma wasn't following her.

Ugh! So annoying. I don't know, but right now I'm feeling like getting akumatized and destroying that girl!

Marinette, cool down. You may not be Ladybug now, but you once were and you know better than to let Hawk Moth akumatize you.

She stepped inside her bakery, and ran up to her room. It was very lonely without Tikki here anymore.

I can't believe Emma threatened to spill the secret if she didn't get the job. She's not a true Ladybug at all. Like, I wouldn't do that!

Suddenly a knock on her window made her train of thoughts leave. She looked up to see Chat Noir knocking, and she stood up.

"Chat, what are you doing here?" She looked surprised. This wasn't the first time Chat had visited. But it was definitely the first time after she lost her Ladybug job.

"Just came to see how you were doing," Chat Noir shrugged as he stepped inside.

Suddenly it hit her that she remembered to talk to Chat about what Emma had wanted her to tell him. She wished she forgot, but how could she when it was one of her biggest problems.

"Well, I'm glad you're here, because I also have to talk to you." She gave him a fake smile as she sat down. It seemed like Chat Noir saw through her fake smile, and frowned.

"Great," was all he said.

Um, where do I begin?

"Chat, don't talk to Ladybug at all!!" She couldn't believe the words that fell out of her mouth. "She's evil!"