Miraculous Nine

"What are you two watching?" Marinette walked downstairs to find her parents sitting on the couch, faces focused on the tv in front of them.

"The new villian," Tom explained, pointing at the tv. "The name? Dark Bug!"

"Dark Bug?" That name... Ugh! Emma. There's no doubt it's her. She probably got akumatized because people were talking rashly about her behind her back. And even Cat Noir said she did horrible.

Ah, why didn't I know she was going to get akumatized soon? She obviously hates me so much so...

"Mama, Papa, I have to go," she rushed for the door, but Sabine quickly stopped her.

"No way! You're not going out with that villain on the loose."

"But Cat Noir is taking care of her," Marinette tried to convince them, even though she knew it wasn't going to help.

"So?" Tom joined in. "We heard that villain yelling out your name for some reason. Care to explain?"

"I don't know her!" Marinette quickly exclaimed. "Maybe she's talking about a different Marinette."

Tom and Sabine frowned at each other, then looked back at her. "She said, 'Who ever knows where Marinette Dupain-Cheng is, please bring her to me.' care to explain that?"

"I don't know her," Marinette lied again. She was biting her lips, remembering Cat Noir telling her that she was no good when it came to lying. "I don't know why she's yelling my name."

"Which makes the situation even more dangerous." Tom could see through her lies, but he decided to say this instead. "If you don't know the reason, and we don't know, you would have to stay inside until we find the reason. Or until Cat Noir takes out that awful akuma from her."

Marinette sighed, knowing that there was no way she was going to win this.

"Fine!" She groaned as she started going up to her room again. "But what if I told you I know how to stop that villian?"

Tom and Sabine turned to her, making her stop as well and turn back to them.

"Yes... Keep talking," Tom told her.

"Well, I mean... I know who the villain is as a civilian form," Marinette gulped. She had to say this carefully without releasing her secret, like she did with Cat Noir. "Me and her aren't exactly on good terms, but... I know what can make her stop."

"Are you sure about this, Marinette?" Sabine asked, a worried look plastered on her face. "She could be very dangerous. What if you get hurt?"

"But Mom... I can be able to stop the villain," Marinette's exclaimed again, not even sure what she was saying anymore. The only plan she had was to get out of here and see the villain herself. Then what?... Exactly!

"And besides," she continued, making sure that the convincing looks were still on her parents' faces. "Cat Noir will be there. I know a secret... A secret that can help destroy that villain."

"Marinette..."

"That girl's name is Emma!" She blurted out. "And like I said, me and her aren't exactly on good terms. But I can stop her. Only I can stop her. After all she's after me... Because she's jealous of me!"

Marinette covered her mouth as soon as those words left her. Her parents stood there, surprised, not moving as if they were glued to the floor.

What had she done?!

"Marinette, if you claim that you can defeat that villain," Tom sighed, "then you can go..."

"But!..." Sabine quickly added. "I want you to come back in one piece, not hurt at all. I can't stand to see you get in trouble with these villains. You know how Paris has turned to. A place full of villains and whatnot."

Marinette nodded.

"And this Emma..." Tom finally said. "We're gonna have to call her parents!"