22

It was another day. I got out of the place where I felt comfortable away from the world. My bed.

My once clean room was a mess with clothes all over the floor. Walking into the kitchen, you could hear a pen drop in my apartment as how quiet it is.

I need the silence. It was what I deserve for my actions recently.

It's been 3 weeks since the massacre at my apartment. After what happen, I just wanted to be alone, away from my friends, away from the girls. Who I'm kidding? They wouldn't care if I was alive.

Opening my fridge, I saw there were hardly any food inside. There was just a brownie in a plastic container. It reminded me of Kyu. Grabbing the chocolate treat, I toss it to the trash.

I guess I gotta go out into the world. After a slow shower, I put on black sweatpants and a black hoodie, I head out the apartment.

Deciding to not to take my car, I walked to whatever store I felt like eating. My appetite hasn't been much since the big breakup in history.

Looking in the window, I saw how my face was Beard and hair was a mess. Glancing at me on the poster of The Nightmare at Midnight, I was looking rough.

Walking around town, it was deserted. Either people were somewhere, the zombie apocalypse has begin, or I'm the last person on Earth. I'm fucked.

Stopping by the Nutmeg Café, the place was full of people. I was going to stand in line, but the radio caught my attention, distracting me.

Radio DJ: This is Feddar and you're listening to 107.5 Bedrock, your #1 source of old and new rock.

(Con't) Today, we have a band who for the past couple of years has been playing in small venues, getting a huge following as of lately and the wait is over.

(Con't) Ladies and gentlemen, Brett Farrar, Cassie Hunter, and Felix Roberson. The Nightmare at Midnight.

Brett: Thank Feddar for having us here today.

Feddar: You're welcome. Glad that you all are here. Now, not all of you are here. Your vocalist, Nicky isn't here.

Felix: Yeah...due to a situation going on, he couldn't be here today. But, we do have something for him. A message that tells him that we miss him and help him cheer up.

Feddar: That's good. A cover of classic is your first song with just a minor change. Can't wait to hear it. Here is The Nightmare at Midnight.

A small, unnoticeable smile form on my face. Even with the shit I did to my band and my best friends, Ricky and Lil Dicky, they know how to cheer me up through this bad time.

Felix:
🎵Hey Nick, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better.🎵

I walked out of the Café. Their sweets wasn't going to make me happy. Also, there was someone else I didn't want to see.

🎵Hey Nick, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better.🎵

The song continue playing, echoing in the empty town. Felix wasn't hesitating. He was doing great. I am proud of him.

🎵And anytime you feel the pain, hey Nick, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah🎵

🎵Hey Nick, don't let me down
You have found her, now go and get her
(Nicky: Let it out to let it in)
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
Better, better, better, better, better, Oh!🎵

My ears welcome in the sound of a hundred people singing along with Felix. Walking around the corner, I saw the crowd, swaying their heads sideways to the melody.

Making my way through the front, I saw the Ringleader of this group. We made eye contact, smiling at each other like getty schoolgirls.

Ricky: 🎵Nicky, Nicky, Nicky Nicky Nicky!🎵

He ran down the steps and we embraced. The crowd cheered, applauding us.

Ricky: I'm going to kill you...

"I miss you too."

Breaking the hug, Momo, Dicky and Angelica hug me.

Momo: Master, you're back!

Dicky: Glad you alright, man.

"I'm fine. I'm just wanted to grab something to eat. I've been having a craving for wings."

Ricky: I know a place that has the best wings.

"I think I know the place."

💔💔💔

After listening to the performance, Ricky, Dicky, and I shared 60 wings, sitting at our usual place at the Bar with Momo and Angelica who were eating vegetables. Brett, Cassie, and Felix were signing autographs for fans.

It was the first time being out with people and I wasn't feeling uncomfortable. It felt...good to be around my friends and peers.

Ricky: So Nick...what are you going to do?

"Uh, what do you mean?"

Ricky: About the ladies? It's been a month since that night. So, do you have a plan on talking to them?

"No. What am I going to do? Say sorry for using you for sex. Wanna fuck again? It doesn't work like that. I'm thinking about moving out of this town."

Angelica: That's your plan? Running off?

"Yeah, pretty much."

Angelica: [Laughs] Men. Nicolas, you gotta apologize to them.

"What if they don't want to talk to me?"

Angelica: You won't know till you find out. Expect some slaps. Some of them won't accept your apology. If you're what Ricky says you are: A good guy with a great heart, you will fix your problems.

(Con't) After that, you may find the woman that you really like. It's better than running away with your tail between your legs.

Momo: She's right, Master. You're their friend. True friends make up.

Angelica: That's right. Just expect them to accept right away. It'll take time.

Angelica was right. Then again, she's a woman and they know what they want. I can't live with myself without apologizing to the one's heart I broke.

If I live on with my life, I'm no better than those who cheated on their lovers and never apologize. I dealt with my punishment for long enough and I must face the music.

Dicky: Hey Nick, I got a question. Well, several questions.

"Is it about Momo?"

Everyone except the Neko answered with a nod.

"Sprinkle dick."

It was then everyone burst into uncontrollable laughter. Trick works like a charm.